• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PAIR TB550a 500 series API EQ $900

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyscotch

2 TB550a (API clone) 500 Series EQ
$900

These were assembled from the kits that were available on GroupDIY a few years ago. They have the 2503 transformers and 2520 style DOAs just like the real deal. These are excellent EQs, they have all the "mojo" and sound every bit as good as other API gear I've heard.

Get two channels of awesome EQ for less than the price of a single new one.

I'm only selling these as we're going completely ITB at the studio and getting rid of our outboard gear. They have served us well here.

****I've listed these for probably less than they are worth because on one of the EQs, the "out"/red led doesn't come on when it's switched out (see pics). Both "IN" green LEDs work and this does not affect the sound or functionality at all. Just something to disclose. But again, they function perfectly, despite the LED. Also, this is something that can be fixed, and I can tell you how, I just don't have any time to dedicate to the effort myself. Being sold AS-IS, only because these are not from a manufacturer, but they work perfectly and sound great****

Check out my eBay feedback, username "albumite"
(prefer to ship to the continental US only)
Happy Holidays!
Eric

Tempting, these are great.  Know if they are version 1 or version 2?  Has to do with bypass behavior. 

Back