• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

PCB/Kit Clearout = Tube+48 PSU, EZ Direct Out, API Be-All

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsos

October 2018
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I’m moving soon so I'm clearing out the closet a bit.  I’ll probably be adding more things as I get organized. 

Leftovers of tested/working designs I've done over the past couple of years, some with their respective parts, as kits or mini-kits. I have at least ten of each of the kits, I may have a few more of the EZ-DO. 

I'll post/send schematics and BOMs.  The tube PSU is a newer version of the one further down, works very well.  I first saw it in Kingston's M670 thread, I've used it in tons of things since then.

The API “Be All” 2-channel PCB was a joint design with Nielsk; I know he sold some of his leftover stock before, so there may already be some info, but I haven't really looked. 

As always, shipping and PP fees are extra, I'll be sending this by US Postal Service from Chicago. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Regulated Tube PSU kit. Regulated B+ and +48V, with offboard heater parts.  $50 each plus any shipping / fees
Includes everything except for power transformer, 2 trimpots, a 3K9 resistor, and 1-2 resistors for dropping heater voltage as those will be case specific.

PCB pic
2uj0zzn.jpg

Parts pic
2dtt89e.jpg

The high voltage regulator is borrowed from Kingston's M670.  Very well regulated, low ripple.  The multiplier is designed with discrete diodes (vs bridges of previous version) and can easily be run as a doubler or tripler by including the last stage or not.

EZ-DO  PCB mini kit  $5/each plus any shipping / fees
Little PCB (really small, to fit in tight spots) I had made for adding buffered, impedance balanced, direct outputs to consoles and things. Can be set up for unity gain or higher. Uses a standard DIP8 opamp and feeds a Neutrik NYS216 stereo jack.  Two parallel sets of power pads so you can daisy chain power from one to the other. 

Includes NYS216 jack, machined dip8 socket and Panasonic SU bipolar 10uF and 100uF input and output caps. (I also have a limited number of 0.1uF X7R caps for PS decoupling.  I'll include a pair on a first come-first served basis).

2rhbaqh.jpg

The PCBs have a small error; the fix is very easy and documented in the help thread from the last sale.

Here is one built up.  Switching jack gets installed last, it goes on underside.  The switching contacts don't connect to anything, they are there for extra support.

fctufb.jpg

API-BeALL - $10 each plus any shipping / fees
24goj2e.jpg

A PCB I designed with Niels that takes two channels of 2520 and input transformer, and can be wired as a preamp, line amp (with or without input transformer), summing amp, booster amp, etc depending on which components/trimpots/jumpers one chooses to install. Each PCB has two channels with power and ground shared, or you can optionally cut the traces between the two halves and power them separately.

ORDERING:
All first come, first served.  Let me know what you would like, as well as where it's being shipped, so I can figure out the totals.

Items below are all gone, just keeping the pics up here for my record:

First, some 312/M1 PCBs, from a group buy we did years ago. Literally found these in a box in the closet.  $10/each  SOLD OUT

Very versatile preamp PCB, can be set up as a 312 or M1 or anything in between.  Can also take a THAT 1646 line driver in case one wants a transformerless output.  Has input pad, output pad, polarity invert, and phantom.  If you want to get creative, you can also hack the front part off (trafo and switches) and set up as a line amp, summing amp, or whatever amp you want). 

2dvmtf4.jpg

Here is the help thread for more info and pics of some people's builds:
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=41339.0

AK47 pcb (small REDD47 pcb) $20 each SOLD OUT
with input trafo (Cinemag, Lundahl, OEP, Altran, including the UA610 trafo) and pads for switching DI between trafo and EF86.  I did not include separate pads for the fine gain adjust because I did not use it, but it's easy enough to wire in.  Hard to see it in the picture, but the silkscreen says tubes are installed on other side, that's how they worked in my build.  In a normal, 2U rackmounted chassis, I would install resistors on the silk screened side and taller components beside the tubes.

301f0qh.jpg

Regulated Tube PSU B+ and voltage doubler PCB.    $15 each SOLD OUT
The high voltage regulator is borrowed from Kingston's M670.  Very well regulated, low ripple. Very nice.  The doubler (for phantom) worked with the transformers I had on hand, which had 20+ volt windings, but with some creative placement of some diodes instead of the bridges (and 2 trace cuts), you can make a tripler, quadrupler, etc.) and use it with "normal" tube power transformers with 2x 6V windings.    That's what I ended up doing on the last one I built using a transformer had a 12V winding instead.

14jlzdx.jpg

High Current Neve PSU PCB (+24V and a doubler for 48V).  $35/each SOLD!  Thanks!

etfjoi.jpg

ALL GONE buffered, impedance balanced, direct outs on some Altec equipment.  $2.5 / each

34ooi2q.jpg

And one built up:

sm86ix.jpg

Your 312s were my first non kit pre amps. They get used every Session. I obviously need two more. Pmed you.

Great! Thanks guys, I am going through the posts here and PMs. The only one I think I may not have enough is the "another amp" (why did I call it that?). I'll go by the time of the post or message on those and let everyone know. 

Domestic US shipping, 5.95

Canada:
First class padded envelope: $7
First class mail (box) $10
Priority: $21

Other Int'l will mostly be (I'll let individuals know if their country is different from this, for now I checked EU and Australia)
First class mail (padded envelope, cardboard either side for protection) $10
First class mail (small box) $15
Priority (small flat rate box): $ 25

Thanks again!

I've invoiced the people who's emails I have, to people who posted and others who PM'd without an email address check your PM's for order/payment info, and let me know if you have any questions.

If I didn't get back to you please let me know.  I will do my best to send out all paid invoices tomorrow.

Thank you!

Spencerleehorton said:
Hi Mitos,

I did receive an invoice?

Regards

Spence.
Spence,
I didn't send yours yet because I have not heard back about the transformers you asked me about. Can I invoice you for the 4x 312 PCBs? Check the  EU shipping prices below, let me know which one you prefer, I still have your email address.

thanks!

to EU
First class mail (padded envelope, cardboard either side for protection) $10
First class mail (small box) $15
Priority (small flat rate box): $ 25

Had some schedule mishaps and tons of work yesterday and I wasn't able to get to the post office yesterday like I had planned.  I apologize for the inconvenience, but hopefully by Monday I should have more payments in and can take everything at once.  Most things are all packed up to go. 

Someone said the links to the 312 doc in the help thread aren't working, I think it was my old dropbox. I will put up new links soon.

thanks again!

Hi Mark,

Sorry I should have updated earlier.  I have sent an invoice for the last four, if that doesn't go through I will let you know. I updated the first post to show this. 

Oh yes, everything was posted Mon or Tuesday.  It think everyone should have gotten tracking numbers if in the US or customs numbers if abroad, if you did not get them automatically send me an email at the address the invoice came from and I will email your number back. 

Someone PM'd me that the links to the 312 documentation were not working, but they worked for me, if anyone has problems post in the thread so I or someone else can get them to you.  The BOMs should appear in your browser, but, at least on my mac, the schematic and image of the silkscreen have to be downloaded, if your computer is the same you may get a message with a link to download. 

I won't be available to ship, due to some travels and current projects, so this Clearout is closed for now.  I still have some 312s and EZ-DOs left, but I won't be able to ship for about a month,  if you're OK with that, post here or PM me.

Thanks again everyone.

Back