PCBGrinder BAX EQ help thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hiegdk

I haven't been able to find a build or support thread for Gustav's BAX eq kit yet so I thought I'd start one. Finished putting mine together and I've clearly got a small issue somewhere. With the EQ in the output from the unit is very quiet. In bypass volume seems fine. Supply voltages at the opamps seem correct. Any successful builders out there that can point me in the right direction for debugging?

Well, considering that Gustav has just finished liquidating PCB Grinder because he is getting too busy with GOLY, starting a build thread here might not be high on his priority list. Doesn't hurt for someone else to get one up and running.

Well, considering that Gustav has just finished liquidating PCB Grinder because he is getting too busy with GOLY, starting a build thread here might not be high on his priority list. Doesn't hurt for someone else to get one up and running.
That was my thinking too. Very stoked for Gustav's increasing success with Goly.

I never offered it through this site, I never shared it here, so never thought to start any support thread here.

Bypass is "hard", so that just means your relay is switching. Do you have signal after the 1206 on the input? (google 1206 datasheet if you have doubts)

Both channels "quiet" ?

(I had a month off on auto-reply on my mail, but its open again. Pace is "normal" so mail me, if you like! :) )

Gustav

Thanks Gustav! I'll investigate the 1206 for now and drop you an email if I have questions.

I never offered it through this site, I never shared it here, so never thought to start any support thread here.

So where did you think people would post questions when they had difficulties building it?
What would be the first place?

In the DIY audio community the people that know you is because you sold PCBs in this forum

:)

So where did you think people would post questions when they had difficulties building it?
What would be the first place?

In the DIY audio community the people that know you is because you sold PCBs in this forum

:)
Thank you for your input.

I started offering this project about 3 years ago. So far, they have been going by mail, but last month, I was "afk".

I think I already answered your question in a previous mail, but if I ever offer a new project, I will make sure that I am the one who starts a help thread on the forum for it!

I hope that helps!

Gustav

Just to close the loop on my initial issue... After a quick email exchange with Gustav I realized that I had installed INA134 ICs in the outputs when they should have been DRV134s (both were included in the kit and I didn't look closely enough, like a dummy). Put in the correct ones and all is well. The unit sounds great too! Thanks Gustav!

Is PCB Grinder done now then @Gustav? I was hoping to get a pair of Neumann Eq boards from you.
I am focusing on GOLY.

There are a few boards in the shop for remaining stock, but for now, thats what I have.

Someone (sorry, dont remember who) wrote me and asked if I would allow for them to make a new layout of the Neumann board with footprints for different pinsize pots - I reminded them that asking me was very nice, but It would be aburd of me to have an opinion, since the design was not mine :)

So, maybe theres a new board layout if you search a little!?

Gustav

I think the person Gustav mentioned indeed ended up making boards and put the extras up in the black market. Not sure if they’ve already sold, but you could take a look there, @Jase_Sanderson
yeah I also saw that too... thanks will message him, if not I will attempt to make some for myself. I've been meaning to have a go with KiCad

Back