Pearl ELM-A wiring?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emrr

Pearl doesn't publish a connector wiring scheme that I've found, and the mic doesn't come with a 5 pin breakout cable.......anyone know what scheme they use? I have an inquiry in, but just in case someone here answers first.....

answer: same as Sennheiser MKH 800 Twin - see that manual

Last edited:
I have a pair of ELM-A for years. And the following was given by Pearl staff when I received them :

The pin configuration is:
1. Earth
2-3 Channel one, front side
4-5 Channel two, back side
2 and 4 is hot.
Connect the shell to Pin-1.

Don't see much talk of the Pearl and Milab microphones. I'm not exactly sure why, my limited experience with a pair of DC-96's I once had was quite good.

Tim de Paravicini chose those rectangular capsules with which to build tube mics for a select few, and those folks seem to love them.

Glad you sorted the cable info :) 👍

Hopefully that’s an oversight in the data redesigns since they merged, and it gets into the data sheets.

Great results so far with this mic. It was used last as a stereo mic onstage for a dulcimer player who also sang, and the reduced vertical pickup pattern greatly reduced the voice in the instrument. Nice detailed and weighty sound from the instrument, sounds good mono to full width stereo. I’d intended to use it in the ambient pickup tree out in the room, but it was an obvious upgrade/sub for the situation.

Last edited:
Back