Pegasus Spyware revealed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Disturbing revelations about the misuse of spyware to target journalists and activists are starting to surface ,
There seems to be a suggestion ,as yet unproven, that the spyware played a part in the death of Mexican journalist , Cecilio Pineda Birto .
As the journalists phone has never been recovered it may be impossible to prove one way or another .
Also the phones of associates of Jamal Khashoggi were shown to have been infected with the spyware .
The software appears to allow unfettered access by customers of the Israeli company who produces and sells the spyware to many less than savoury regimes around the planet ,
Hacking of GPS data , messaging services as well as ability to listen to the microphone remotely are just a click away using Pegasus , with Android and IOS the targeted platforms .

more here ,

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...f-cyber-surveillance-weapon-nso-group-pegasus

No shock and awe here either , its just more confirmation of what we've suspected all along .
Just because were not high value targets personally doesnt mean we have nothing to loose by whats left of our democracies becoming undermined .

I only relatively recently use a mobile (not smart) phone , its replaced the landline mainly for financial reasons , when I go out I make a plan and stick to it , phone stays at home .

Now appears Macron and his cabinet may have been eavesdropped by a Morrocan client ,
This NSO opperation is starting to look very much like a remote controlled trojan horse devised by Israeli intelligence .

I've been following ISO since it started. Some of the creative minds there are ex-NSA who used to work for Saudi intelligence. As "externals", of course. For real info, you need the Canadians:

https://citizenlab.ca/
Citizenlab is a University of Toronto setup. They were the first to thoroughly analyze the spyware used. They've been tracking it ever since.

AFAIK, no legal use has been seen. It's all terrorism or criminal.

Jamal Kashoggi could be traced thanks to this software. They are at the very least accomplice to the murder, as they knew very well what the Saudis were using it for.

Back