PETER 5003 EQ

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mata_haze

I cannot help it but to show my worries about the above mneitoned project.
I have been ressured (3 weeks ago) by Peter that my kit was on its way to London. but nothing has showed up as yet.
Also the thread has vanished ...again...

does anybody know what is going on? I am beggining to consider to ask for money back..
:-[
M.

Let's not jump to conclusions as of yet Meta. Let's give it a bit more time, we've come this far.
Peter expressed concerns that he has more projects on the way, so i can't see him just ditching the community. Shipping takes a bit in many cases.

Yes

and i think that two words on a forum to explain what's going on takes very very little time !
;)

Be clear and honest is not a difficul or costly nor time-consuming task !!!!

:mad:

Those of you waiting for your EQs..

I'm not really Shure whats going on with Peter but I've known Peter
for some time now and can tell you he is a first class and very honest guy.

Hang in there guys..I did a bit of beta test work for Peter on these in the early
days of this project and can tell you these things sound KILLER and will be
well worth the wait!!  :eek: :eek: :) :) :)

Peter..  I hope all is well with you!

GARY

I'm too think Peter is a good guy, even though I don't know him as well as gary. I do know about shipping delays from the so-called developing world though... It takes forever... I always count on one month to receive anything from abroad, and as far as shipping stuff out, I just pray until the tracking info says it has left the country!! I don't think 3 weeks to the UK is that long, sometimes things take 5-6 weeks to get to me.

That said, I only ordered PCBs, and do wish mine were here already so I could start winding inductors and getting parts.

I hope peter's not depressed about the world cup. Speaking of which, that could also be playing into the delays in shipping. Here everything stops for the games....

mitsos said:
That said, I only ordered PCBs, and do wish mine were here already so I could start winding inductors and getting parts.

I posted a full body shot of the PCB in the white market threads, that should help anyone still waiting on this project. I  can take any measurements so please ask. I honestly don't know how I got my stuff so quickly.

I have found some slight issues with the metalwork and mechanical, and will just redo the 500 series faceplate which will solve it for me. It was 1/2 of $80 and this is DIY, so no worries here.

I don't think it's always a great place to live either ,
imagine being so busy that you have time for nothing

Peter check a.s.a.p. eh ?  update the ship list

Hey Kazper, I'd appreciate some measurements of the inductor cutouts on the PCB, and maybe even physical measurements of the inductors themselves if you're so inclined (length,width,height of lams would give me a starting point in buying materials)...
thanks!

mitsos said:
Hey Kazper, I'd appreciate some measurements of the inductor cutouts on the PCB, and maybe even physical measurements of the inductors themselves if you're so inclined (length,width,height of lams would give me a starting point in buying materials)...
thanks!

Cutout is 28mm x 22mm.

Inductor lams are 35.5mm Wide X 30.3mm Long x10mm High for both.
normal_PeterC_5003EQ.jpg

well I'm in australia and I received my pair of full kits with metalwork.  I also received 4 inductors of 1 type rather than 2 of each and emailed peter who replaced them.  It did take awhile for shipping but all the bits are now here.  I'm sure everybody's stuff is on its way and I do hope Peter chimes in to let us all know what's happening. 

I'm now keen to start building and would appreciate a little more build info but I guess working it out can be fun too.

M

I'm disappointed about the amount of time which has gone by here. But I have complete confidence the the goods will arrive. Gary is vouching for Peter. Jsteiger also has a lot of time and energy invested in this project. The goods will arrive. I'm not worried about that. DW.

Yes, I am confident as well. Sometimes, good things take time. Matta vouches for Peter as well and he is also a very trusted individual in my book.  ;)

BTW, the WM thread is back up.

in Peter I trust. one day I will have my kits in hand, and all is fine.
some projects take longer than expected, but hey.

last year we advertised the 511 Racks to be released in september.
the first rack shipped january this year ...

Yeah, I vouch for Peter!

I've ben trying to stay out of this, because Peter is a close friend and I don't want to overshare things, but just look at the facts:

He brought us the Green Pre + PSU, S800 EQ, Melcor Opamp and various others, they were ALL projects that he brought to the Forum and is one of the longest standing members here.

I know this project has been an absolute PITA for him, not because of you guys, but because we are working in a third world country, it is tough man, to get the parts, things are delayed, mistakes are made and they end up costing more than expected.

Peter is to proud to admit this but this project is costing him out of his own pocket to fund as the exchange rate when he ordered all the parts was NOT in our favour, and he is too stubborn to take money from you all to make up for it.

Add onto this he is a freelancer in post-production, so he works his ass off not knowing what/where his next job will be next and has a family, kids etc.... all this is all for NON-PROFIT!!! Any idea how much admin alone is involved with sending a parcel from South Africa? It requires customs forms, papers to be filled in triplicate, heck anyone who has received a parcel before will see we still use STAMPS!!! The largest of which is R20, I sent something overseas that cost me R1000 to ship, work out how many stamps that is... I love my country, but we are a developing nation, politically and economically.

Things will get sorted out, it just may take some time, but he isn't running away and trust me he isn't getting rich off this, in fact he is getting poorer  :(

Cheers

Matt

matta said:
Peter is to proud to admit this but this project is costing him out of his own pocket to fund as the exchange rate when he ordered all the parts was NOT in our favour, and he is too stubborn to take money from you all to make up for it.

I say let's bump him a little scratch to help out... say $3-5 a kit?  I don't want my DIY habit to keep food out of his little ones mouth...

You guys have a lot more confidence than  I do!

It's all very strange.

Stubborn? Not the word I would use.

I have no doubt we'll eventually see the kits. No one is accusing Peter of being dishonest.

I personally don't even mind the wait or to pony up more cash so the guy doesn't lose money, I'm sure it's a ridiculous amount of work to do something like this, and I for one appreciate the effort.

All we're asking is a little more communication. It takes 2 minutes to update a thread once a week. No one is so busy they don't have 2 minutes a week.

In the spirit of confidence in our supplier, I would like to once again kindly request a BOM of any kind for this project.
:)

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=33790.msg486086#msg486086

For all the resistors Mouser part number is 271-Value-RC should be sufficient.

Value is what is shown on the PCB scan....

Output transformer options:

Peter's unit
Cinimag  CMOQ-2H
Classic API EA 2503?
Other's for sure....

Overall I'm sure things will be fine, but not by anyones preferred time table. I also agree that taking a couple seconds for an update for you all is overdue.

I'm in for a toonie
I don't think anyone who has run a grp buy themselves is
[ or would ] complaining ,
[ but a little comunication would prevent some ]

It wasn't long ago that the only thing d.i.y. was Paia ,
some want the cheapest thing , others want what's not available

I'm waiting too , i remember i had sold a jlm kit to peter
he paid promtly and i didn't hear from him ,
after i emailed he did say he got it and was using it ,
but i did have to resent some fets on a previous occasion
because they never showed up [ postal system ]

Latest posts