Poor Man's Tube Mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pictures of the latest plug in mic channel for the poor man's tube mixer. which I have just finished testing. This module has stepped mic gain, phantom/pad/line and phase switches, two band stepped REDD EQ with three frequencies per band, pan pot and two echo sends all in a 3U by 70mm wide module.

Front:

CHAMP1FP.png

Front panel PCB rear view showing EQ inductors:

CHAMP1FPrear.png

Complete module:

CHAMPassy.png

This version has an OEP mic transformer but there will be a version with the Sowter/Cinemage/Jensen transformer footprint instead.

Cheers

Ian

It is a long time since I had anything to report on the Poor Man's Tube Mixer but the first custom build is now complete and will soon be heading for Los Angeles.

DSCF2712.JPG

This one has four mic pres each with two band EQ with three frequencies per band , a pair of post fader echo sends and a pan as well as the usual stepped gain control and phantom, mic/line, pad and phase switches. Direct out can be switched from pre EQ to post EQ from the fader panel which also provides mute and solo switches. There are a couple of echo returns and a master section with master fader, monitor and headphones level controls plus a pair of SIFAM VU meters. Lastly there is a dual copto compressor module (linkable for stereo). PSU is external.

Backside:

DSCF2716.JPG

Next up is another custom one with 12 line inputs.

Cheers

Ian

well spotted, I better fix that before I ship it. Funny thing is, the client was over here on tour last month and popped in with his band to have a play with it. Nobody noticed the swapped knobs.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back