Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few other fingerstyle songs that can be considered best, each for different reasons, like Luca Stricagnoli's Triple Neck Guitar.

1. Somebody I Used to Know (Gotye ft. Kimbra) - Mike Dawes and the absolute Legend Tommy Emmanuel. Fun fact, Paolo Gans, who I mentioned previously, also covered Mike Dawes' solo rendition of Somebody I Used To Know, 1 year before he made the duet with Tommy Emmanuel.

2. HYSTERIA (Muse) on Triple Neck Guitar - Luca Stricagnoli

3. Man in the Mirror (Michael Jackson) - Kent Nishimura

Some other notable fingerstyle artists (on Youtube) are Joao Fuss and Sungha Jung, who are talented in their own right. Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel are well known legends, but Richard Smith has been in the game for a long while, played alongside both Chet Atkins and Tommy Emmanuel, and is massively underappreciated in comparison to some new viral fingerstyle guitarists. Richard Smith's cover of The Entertainer is really clean, but his other pieces deserve attention too.

For bass guitar, Charles Berthoud has demonstrated the most talent by a mile, although it is a bit cheating, considering he plays the main melody and all the other parts of the track, allowing him to show more complexities and can be described as something more akin to a lead bass guitarist. He has covered both Playing God (on a fretless bass) and Hysteria, and makes original pieces that are also fantastic.

Last edited:
My band released an EP, which I recorded with lots of DIY gear.

For folks who like harsh, abrasive, noisy, but also just a bit catch-y rock.

Some stuff I found on the internet archive that me and a couple buddies recorded 25 years ago.
(Disclaimer - Cynthia isn't one of mine)

Hi O'Draighnain ,
She's from Ballyshannon Co Donegal , birthplace of Rory Gallagher ,
So very influenced by many of his musical heros from the ragtime and blues era ,

Its refreshing to hear music in such a simple and unadorned form again .

Reminds me of the Khruangbin sound ,
nice , atmospheric reverbs ,delays and tails and plenty of space .
no words to tax the brain , just a few simple vocal motifs ,
Its like spaghetti western meets middle eastern ,

They appear to incorporate a reel to reel deck as a delay ,
as well as springs ,

Latest posts

Back