Post music here

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a newer version of a demo I had done a little while back called 'Saving Grace'. This one has more instrumentation than the previous version. Played and sang everything. Hope you like! Cheers!

Saving Grace

I know that you'll
Wait there for me
If I am lost
You'll tell me what I am missing

In times gone past
Not hard to see
I'm not without
My share of misgivings

The only thing to do
The only thing I can say
Is please, stay with me

When darkness comes
And light recedes
Will you be there
To defend me

I'm out of time
Not out of faith
I need a little
Of your Saving Grace

The only thing to do
The only thing I can say
Is please, stay with me
Please, stay with me

Last edited:
Enjoyed that one Desol , keep up the good work , Im out of beer and back on the tea for tonight but cheers all the same .

Interesting listening to songs of members I know from the technical post and brewery blathering. You see and seek their tech help as well as seek/avoid the political views and then listen to their music and see their soul. It helps with a more complete picture to be more excepting of the person as a whole. I need to spend more time on this tread.

Here's another demo/song idea recorded a long while back. Just vocals and guitars. Tracked through a Focusrite ISA430 Mk2. I always wanted a stereo pair of the Focusrite ever since I used it! Cheers!

Here's one that I remixed and also added a bongo part. Vocal effects are Ensoniq DP4...vocal compression is Portico 5043. Mix put through Fairchild plugin. Song is a folky, strummy ode to life...and lessons learned.

Last edited:
This tune moves a little faster. It's called 'Let Down'. I wrote it when I was breaking up with my girlfriend.
Recorded it on vintage API 312 preamp's. Finalized the mix on my board with EQ and compression.

Let Down

Hold me
Like you did before
Did before
Like you did

Kiss me love
As I let you go
While I watch you fall
From my grip

Listen to me
There will always be
A place for you
In my heart

So don't be sad
Don't ever feel
Let Down
Like I let you down

Say to me
That you'll be alright
Be alright
That you'll be fine

And I'll believe
That this choice
We made was the one
We thought was right

So don't be sad
Don't ever feel
Let Down
Like I let you down

Stay with me
Till the morning comes
Till the dawn
Till the morning comes

Make me believe
That it's not a waste
That we didn't lose
That we can forgive

So don't be sad
Don't ever fear

Last edited:
Pucho, I liked that "Circle Be Unbroken" version.

It made me wistful and recall the last song one of my longest-time friends was working on just before he died of cancer a couple years ago. His friends finished it after Steve passed. I was lucky to hear it in early stages when I was at The Farm doing some tech work.

His wife Charlene has some "liner notes" in the space below this video as Steve sings about his grandson.

Steve’s last song. You might cry when you listen and watch this video I made. But listen. “Mickey and Grandpa” Here’s what Steve wrote about it when he sent the first song demo to a few friends. “Here’s a little ditty I wrote for our grandson Mickey - and for the family. Just sort of framed out. It’s unlikely I’ll ever ‘finish it.” Steve didn’t have time to ‘finish it’ and if you were at Steve’s memorial you heard an unfinished demo. Ike Hanson helped get some beautiful David Campbell strings added right before Steve died and Steve was able to hear that in his final days. We played that version at the memorial. I was able to finish with the special talents of Steve’s friends...Pete Thomas-drums, Davey Faragher-bass, Vince Gill-background vocals and guitar, Fats Kaplin-steel guitar, Terry Ware-electric guitar and Daniel Walker-piano. Mixed by Mike Poole and mastered by Eric Conn. Steve would have been so happy to have all these guys on this recording. I’ve been working on a lot of Steve’s unreleased songs. It has kept me sane and close to Steve to be working on this during these times. Hey look! I’m a dang record producer.

#weareallinthistogether Charlene Ripley

Last edited:
Here's a new one I wrote called 'The Scheme Of Things'. I like this one. Recorded with vintage API preamps. I love what this idea turns into in the end. Everything moving at the speed of light.

Scheme Of Things

It's not fair to be lonely
When you're so loved
I think that I'm happy
That's probably enough

Can't stop
Cause I need you
Then I'm still
I'm ok

Nothing's fair in
The scheme of things
Are we lost in