Posting content

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

Ive been able to find a few useful articles for people who had questions about stuff .
It comes from copyrighted sources , but I was able to to scan the material and post it in PM to the interested party , of course asking that the work not be placed openly online ,
Is doing this ok ? Or does it create any kind of liabillity to myself the recpient or the website due to copyright?

The act of copying something that is copyrighted and sending it to someone else is not an offence. What IS an offence is making money out of it. So people who photocopy user manuals and sell them on eBay are in breach of copyright.

But of course IANAL

Cheers

Ian

I never liked those sites who try selling copies of manuals they dont legally have the right too .
In any case theres very little now in terms of manuals and service material thats not available free of charge for older stuff at least . Its getting harder and harder to even get schematics for newer designs from the makers now , lets face it they just want you to bin it and buy new each time .

Back