Posting images

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madswitcher

Hi All,

I am having problems posting images to the forum.  It is a 400k jpg. I have tried both IE and Firefox and direct insertion by drag n' drop and as an attachment to text.  Could someone kindly let me know what the correct procedure is for doing this in case I am missing the obvious.

Thanks

Mike

When you press the forum 'reply' button, you get a 'message editor' window.

It has an 'Attachements and Other Options'    link at the bottom of the window ....

Select this and an 'Attachments Browse' button appears.

Press the button and a dialog for navigating to the desired file path appears

Navigate to your desired file and select it  ..

The file is uploaded from your local directory to the forum and attached to the bottom of your message.

That's it.

If you try to do the process by a hyperlink embedded in your message,  ie .  by using the 'reply editor internet icon', you need to have the file already hosted on some internet accessible server somewhere.

When you press the 'internet' icon, it drops some html start and end delimiters in  your text -

you paste the hyperlink in between those delimters    like so    http://www.blahblah.com/my_pic.jpg

You can then use the 'preview' button to check that the url link you embedded resolves properly.

The hit the 'post' button.

The 'Attachment' process is the easiest to do for most  :)

I generally use WIndows 7 app 'MS Office Picture Manager' to do my basic photo prep.

It's a simple, and fast app to use for the basic edit tools  - 'crop' , 'correct color', 'resize'  and 'compress'.

That way I end up with a photo that is reasonably large in layout (but not too huge) with a fairly low file size (usually 200-400Kb).

I like the .png file type, but .jpg is good too as are others.

Back