• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Potential Group buy for Iron Age Audioworks TA7136 7 pin SIL footprint Opamps for vintage yamaha mixers such as the pm430

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, it will be right around that. I can ask matt on the current draw but his m2 is a melcor style and i think those are around 15-20 mA. That's ~5x the draw of of the 7136. If you install 10, you would be increasing your consumption by 120 mA or so. I looked at the power supply and it shouldn't stress the components as far as I can tell although I would make sure the capacitors are all replaced with modern equivalents with higher ripple current ratings. Since the +- 15V is unregulated, maybe the voltage would drop slightly; I was going to probably adjust the dropping resistors to provide +/- 18V anyways. Maybe add new thermal grease to the heatsinked transistors while you are in there.

Last edited:
You'll need to solder:

(1) 7pin right angle header (Molex PN 22-28-8071 or similar)
(1) BD13916STU (or similar TO-126-3 NPN/PNP output pair)
(1) BD14016STU (or similar TO-126-3 NPN/PNP output pair)

Total parts cost around ~$3 per DOA.

Regarding the option of soldering the pins and 2 output transformers yourself, the cost per piece will only end up being around $5 per piece. The minimum order quantity will be 45. I will take 10 pieces. That means the remaining 35 must spoken for for this to go through. I will handle distribution for a reasonable cost of shipping. Please let me know who is interested; I would love to move forward with this.

ok count me in for 10 pieces

-Ross

Ok. Great. Well, that leaves 3 left for this first batch. I'll leave this open for a day longer but if there's no takers, I'll scoop the last 3 up. I'm not sure who would want only 3 though, but we'll see. Feel free to get in touch with me via PM for address and shipping details so we can figure out the best way to get these to you. I'm in Montana, USA so I'll be shipping the units to you from here.

Also, in case it's not clear, you will need to source the parts I listed in my previous post separately to complete the opamp assembly so it's ready to install.

Received mine today, nice looking boards. One issue though is that the output transistors aren't labelled so we can't tell which is BD139 and which is BD140. Any documentation available?

Back