Powering Sennheiser MKH 110

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerard

I have acquired a Sennheiser MKH 110 without cable or power supply. I know the MKH 110 requires 8 volts +/- 1 V, ~8 mA; it has a screw-locking DIN connector (Amphenol Industrial/Tuchel C091A series is the modern equivalent); and it has an unbalanced output on pin 1, ground on pin 2 and requires power (+8 V) to pin 3.

I would like to make an adaptor to power it from a standard P48 phantom supply; I will use the module from Microphone Shop (https://reverb.com/item/13674425-phantom-adapter-module-for-sennheiser-mkh-110-mkh-104-mkh-404-mkh-804-microphones). The question is how to make a neat adapter casing with the appropriate Tuchel socket connector at one end and a standard XLR plug connector at the other end. Ideally it would look something like a Switchcraft S3FM adapter but with the Tuchel socket replacing the XLR socket. Small and all as the Microphone Shop module is, 7 mm x 10 mm, I think it will not fit into a Tuchel socket.

Does anyone know of a standard adapter body, something like the Switchcraft S3FM, that is available with a 3 pin Tuchel socket at one end and a 3 pin XLR plug at the other end?

Latest posts

Back