Practical use for my spare transformerz . . .

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

strangeandbouncy

Hi  All,

I have had a number of ex-Neve input transformers knocking around from time, and have finally put them to good use. I have been wanting a few more mic-pre's with a small gain, say, 15dB-35db, for various uses, including alternative vocal mic-pre(Neumann U48 is very hot!), gtr/bass cabs(cranked!), DI's and kick/toms. No phantom needed(at the mo'), and I figure that since my Helioses are not balanced(and work fine!), and my cable runs are short, No balanced outputs needed, hence no output trannies, just electrolytics. I have Willesden 10014/Belclere 20014(identical, i think!),1:5+5 with only 1 output winding connected, and Marinaire 31267 wired only 1 primary/1 secondary as suggested by JLM Audio. I am using Fabio's 2@5@2@0's, with 2dB steps in gain. I haven't used them in a session yet, but they sound pretty good on the bench, tho' I say so myself. And all for a few pennies worth of Perfboard and bits n' bobs. ANd, Cleared some crap at the same time! - HA!

:thumb: :green: :thumb:

ANdyP

Back