Preview: AOC51X

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
needed a break from some private things to do, and what is better than soldering to relax:

IMG_5993.JPG

ok, time for testing  ;D
(might take another week before I can do this, too much other things going on at the moment)

[silent:arts] said:
what is better than soldering to relax

AGREED.

volker, great looking unit - could be just what i'm looking for, i need a versatile compressor or two in my lunchbox - for production "on the go"! should complement my VP25s & EQNs nicely.  ;D

Very nice looking work Volker. Clean and straight forward. I can't wait to build a pair!  ;D 

I need to relax too but not as much as you do.  ;)

while all my PCBs have been double sided yet it was the first time I needed to use vias.
I remembered that you had mentioned this. I have been looking at a 550b and I could not even count the number of vias used. Let's just say a lot! I can however count the number of resistor networks.  ???

might be a personal problem, but a lot of vias always look like autorouted to me.
I don't like autorouters :eek:

Jeff, stupid as it is, I think I really have to contact the Bourns suppliers you gave me in the US.
the EU distributors are - mhm - not willing to sell anything to me ::)

the Piher pots I have now for testing just have a bad feel - another personal problem I think ;D

Jeff, stupid as it is, I think I really have to contact the Bourns suppliers you gave me in the US.
the EU distributors are - mhm - not willing to sell anything to me ::)
Why won't they sell to you? WTF? Do they not want any business? Well, if that's what you are gonna do...hurry. You are looking at a 12 week lead time with Bourns.  ???

Man. So, I will have to wait 12 weeks or more to build these?  :'(

will forward you the email (the only response from 4 distributors I asked).
looked promising first, i had to sign a paper (what I did), and one week after I have had a letter from creditreform. they want to know how many houses I own etc ;D ;D ;D
(I would have to pay upfront either, which I would do - why do you need Creditreform for this ???)
even asked my previously employer, since I know they used Creditreform.
the answer was: toss the paper

if they don't want my business I will import from the US.
I just want good quality and good feeling potentiometers :eek:

what about one of these from mouser?

51AAD-B28-D15L 10k log
51AAA-B28-D18L 50k log

the difference in most circuits between 50k log and 100k log is not huge.  not sure about your application.

if you can make one of these work it would save you the trouble of doing an order yourself.  it would also be easier to organize multiple group buys through mouser.

in my experience using bourns parts, the product is good, but the customer service is so-so.  i've met with their reps and they've come to the purple shop to sell andrew on using more of their stuff.  that 10-12 week lead time can easily turn into 16 weeks or they can show up a week early with no notice.  stock parts and repeat orders generally go smoother.

ed

IMG_5994.jpg

testing at the moment ...
what should I say: it works ;D
I'm impressed.

Sir Analags part worked from the beginning,
the only mistakes done are in my surrounding features :mad:

more test results later ;)

little update:

the correct meters are finally in (why is ordering Sifam meters always slow? do they stock nothing anymore???)
ordered a first batch of Bourns potentiometers :D

measuring is fine but I'm in constantly contact with analag for tuning the circuit a little more.
(I want more input headroom below 1% THD, and Holger suggested to play with the time constant parameters for more magic ;))

mylesgm said:
pumped for this... any further progress?

have gone back to this today ;D

with some changes we now have a
- max input of +18dBu @ 16V / +24 dBu @ 24V (1kHz below 1% THD)
- max output of +21.5dBu @ 16V / +25.5dBu @ 24V (1kHz below 1% THD)
just what I like ;D

went over my test tone signal tests today, and used real signals. what should I say:
with some minor changes in the sidechain, I'm very happy with it - from drumloops, bass, vocals up to summing signals ;D ;D ;D

I'm in love right now ;)

will do a rev02 PCB layout over the weekend.
once the new PCBs are tested we should be ready :D

Latest posts

Back