Pronomic SCM-1

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ln76d said:
I see that now pronomic is made in black?!?! Top grill looks like old type. Anyone ordered black version and could confirm grill type?
https://www.kirstein.de/Live-Studio/Mikrofone/Kleinmembranmikrofone/Pronomic-SCM-1-Kleinmembranmikrofon-Silber.html
Anyone tested those black ones ? also, did anyone compared with the even cheaper Takstar on aliexpress ? Someone mentioned it but not much infos...
I have the banzai capsules, just looking for some bodies to put them on.

dasnevestheo said:
Anyone tested those black ones ? also, did anyone compared with the even cheaper Takstar on aliexpress ? Someone mentioned it but not much infos...
I have the banzai capsules, just looking for some bodies to put them on.
If they have the grill with the slits they're probably the old ones. They're probably just coloured differently. The Takstar might be similar as well since a lot of super cheap mics are just rebrands of other cheap mics. You can get an iSK BM-80 from Swamp.net.au for $60 AUS. I don't know what the Takstar costs though.

Does anyone know who makes the type of capsule in the image I've attached?  They are super-flat, but only one dealer has them, and they're $150.  I think that's pretty steep for considering where it's made.

Attachments

• sdc-cardioid_1024x1024 (1).jpg
    sdc-cardioid_1024x1024 (1).jpg
    97 KB · Views: 8
craigmorris74 said:
Yes, it's the MP version and it's the one used by 3U, but I can't find the original Chinese source.

I was under the impression that 3U make their own capsules. Can anyone confirm?

I have also heard third-hand that in their stock form the 3U sdc capsules don't work with the standard Chinese/MXL style bodies as the metal post on the capsule is too short to make contact with the connector on Chinese body.

So if both of these are in fact true, then it's likely that Mic-Parts did a custom order from 3U for their capsules.

craigmorris74 said:
Does anyone know who makes the type of capsule in the image I've attached?  They are super-flat, but only one dealer has them, and they're $150.  I think that's pretty steep for considering where it's made.
FWIW if it's anything like the 3U Audio capsules it'll be pretty nice. I hate to see Mic-Parts selling an $80~capsule for $150 though.

OK i now have the good capsules and empty bodies, just need to find some PCBs to start building my Pronomics mutant mics !

I have just sent a price inquiry to iSK for their BM-81 microphones and "the good" capsules.
Would anyone be interested in this? (As soon as I know prices, I will let you know.)

Attachments

• capsules.JPG
    capsules.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 26
RuudNL said:
I have just sent a price inquiry to iSK for their BM-81 microphones and "the good" capsules.
Would anyone be interested in this? (As soon as I know prices, I will let you know.)
I might go in for a couple. How does the group buying work? Does everyone's stuff get shipped to one location, or do they ship each of them put individually to the buyers?  The BM-81 is sold with what looks like the good capsule as the "BM-80" on Swamp.net.au for about $60 AUD, so if it's not much cheaper, Swamp Industries could be a good place to buy them assuming that is in fact the good capsule.

Not part of the same question or relating to the group buy, but how do we enlarge the holes in the spacers to do the super/hyper cardioid mod? Is there a specific size drill bit that works? Or do you need a specific tool like a small file? I'd like to have a couple as travel mics and knock around mics (stuff I'd use them on where I don't want to take a good one, maybe for sound effect recording outside, like getting the sound of snow crunching under feet, leaves, mud, etc).

If the one spacer thing works to get rid of that dip on the super cardioid mod, I'll go in for four if the price is right.

Yes, the price of the BM-81 iSK (capsules) is still a well hidden secret...
I had hoped that the 'Banzai' capsules would become available as separate items, but as far as I understood the selling of 'only the capsule' has a low priority.
So, let's wait for the answer from iSK!

Depending on the price, I'd be up for a pair as well. 

Someone more industrious than myself might also want to reach out to 3U to see if they'd be willing to work out  a deal for a capsule group buy that is  compatible with iSK bodies.

Latest posts

Back