PRR-176 Vari-Mu Rev 3 PCB Group Buy(CLOSED)! & CLX-VU Circuit Boards!!!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abechap024

Hello!

Like us on Facebook!! https://www.facebook.com/acsoundstore

***PRR-176 GROUP BUY!!!!***

Time for another PRR-176 Rev 3 PCB preorder/Group Buy. A portion of the proceeds of the sale will be donated to the forum. The main idea from this compressor is from group member PRR the rest is inspired from the Universal Audio 176. Input/output can be realized with either balancing chips or transformers. (Along with the 2 interstage transformers) There is also space on the pcb for either monolithic chips for input and output gain or good old 2520 style discrete opamps. Also can be mounted in a 1Ru case, one for this project can be found @ collective cases. Includes the offboard power supply PCB. Dig in!!

Rev 3 will feature subtle performance and operational changes for ease of building and sound quality!

Due to increased shipping prices overseas, you will see this increase reflected in the shipping cost.

35$ per STEREO board.
5$ shipping in the continental USA
15$ shipping abroad. (I know OUCH :-\!)

Send payments via PayPal to [email protected] and please include a note with your address!

THANK YOU!

PRR_2_png.png

www.acsoundstudio.com/prr_176/rev_2/BOM_REV2.pdf
www.acsoundstudio.com/prr_176/rev_2/BOM_POWER_REV2.pdf

Thanks Everyone!! Looking to close the group by next month.

CLX-VU PCBS!

http://store.acsoundstudio.com/pcb/ac-sound-clxvu-compressor-pcb.html

Heres the build manual: www.acsoundstudio.com/clx_vu/clx_manual_rev3.pdf
(You need the latest version of adobe acrobat to view correctly)

and some eye candy :)
CLX_rev3_PCB.jpg

Thanks!

Abe

Yo, i can't resist.
I am in for two.

Best, Wolfgang

ps: Fantastic work on the Build manual too. Congrats  :D

two for me please, with kit please! hurray!

two mono channels, so one stereo kit to be precise!

Great! Thanks all :) I've been having a lot of requests for full kits. So if there is enough interest I'll put those together too.
Enough interest is somewhere around 10 stereo kits.

Each channel is 100$ for all the electronic parts, chips (THAT 2180As), resistors, caps, headers, LEDs (maybe even the hookup wire with terminals pre-soldered on it if we can get enough kits). That DOES NOT include that Switches and meters (which can be purchased from Mike @ hairballaudio.com) power transformer (antekinc.com) and chassis (can be purchased from dan @ collectivecases.com) You will also need to purchase the circuit boards separately.

Also if you order a stereo set I'll through in the IEC connector and fuze :)

I'll post this stuff on my site too, but if you do the pre order here, you'll get free shipping on everything!

Thanks!

Abe

i'm in for two pcbs.  thanks for making these available abe!
btw...what are the differences from the rev2 boards (just curious)?
best,
grant

dissonantstring said:
i'm in for two pcbs.  thanks for making these available abe!
btw...what are the differences from the rev2 boards (just curious)?
best,
grant

Hi Grant,
The Rev 3 has all the part numbers corresponding to the original schematic, also there is a grounding plane on rev3 for lower noise and slightly low THD. Also there were some minor tweaks for the footprint of the RMS and VCA units, so they fit better. Besides that they are the same.

Thanks guys! Used the CLX today while tracking some finger style nylon guitar. Worked really well.

Awesome!! I'm in for two boards, probably two parts kits too depending on your timeframe. Thanks!

Great guys!  ;D Lets keep this thread open another week or so then we'll send off the order for the boards and kits.

Best,
Abe

Back