PRR cracks 10,000

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rackmonkey

GDIY Supporter
Looking at one of his responses today, I noticed that PRR is over 10,000 posts on GDIY (10,046). Does he get a gold resistor or something?

It’s notable not only for quality and longevity, but also for the fact that he contributes his venerable wisdom to multiple DIY forums in similar quantity and quality. Impressive and generous of him, to say the least.

I for one have learned as much or more from his posts than from all the books on electronics i’ve read over the years. And I read a lot (doesn’t seem to make much difference :p).  Someone should compile it all into a book of its own.

There are so many smart people on this forum that make it such an awesome resource. PRR is one of the greats.

Thanks, sir. :guinness:

BT

I never met either of my Grandfathers, they had both died by the time I was a toddler. When I imagine what they might have been like I think of PRR, teaching me about current flow via lawnmowers, teaching my about voltage with plumbing analogies.  I've spent whole days just reading his posts on various forums, and I'm glad I did.

Huzzah PRR, here's to 20,000 posts.  We should be so lucky.

I did congratulate PRR on passing the 10,000 post some time back in an unrelated post ,may have gone unoticed ,

'Short fuse at times ,knows when homework hasnt been done instinctively ,capable of explaining the 'electrons eye' perspective using a language the common foot soldier can understand ,thank you '

Hi Ruairi,
I was lucky enough to have two out of four grandparents alive for a good portion of my life, in reality I should say three as my grandmother on my dads side remarried again after her first husband passed away early,similarly tragic situation on my mums side when she lost her mother while in her early teens. There isnt a day goes by without me asking the question in my mind ,'what would Grandad have thought' . While adults of my parents generation would shoe you away if you asked difficult questions they couldnt really answer ,Grandad was always the man you could rely on to break things down into nuts and bolts and give the best explanation he could ,no matter how awkward.
In his later years he came to live with us ,and my mother pulled out all the stops to grant the mans wish of 'Never send me to the union' or the old folks home. I cant say there wasnt times he wanted to give me a belt of the ould walking stick for being a mouthy punky brat . He made a good innings for himself reaching 82 years before he went ,I wish at times I had the the benefit of the mans knowledge and company longer ,Im sure he could have steered me around a few rocky roads and helped answer some of the tougher questions life throws at you .

My guess is ,even though you might not remember either of your grandads ,a kind of spirit gets handed down all the same ,in a sense they live on through you .

regards,

Another grateful shout out to *mister* PRR from one of the diy audio community      ..... 

What a deep well of knowledge, freely given  and for the longest time!

I'll bet PRR has forgotten more audio than I'll ever directly experience.

Thanks kindly :)

Back