PSU for WA-47 compatible with Avantone, Apex, GAP etc?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dissonantdissident

Hey everybody,

I've got a quick question: does anyone know if the WA-47 be safely plugged into the power supplies that come with the c12/u47 knockoff tube mics that have been sold under tons of different badges and are often used as mod platforms? I can't find anything that shows the pinout for the 7 pin cable on the WA-47. It looks like mainly another badge on the same platform, but I can't be sure.

A multimeter and/or popping the cover off the power supply should answer your question quite easily.

Somebody's selling a WA-47 w/o a power supply. I don't have anyway to check and compare with the original PSU, prior to purchase. Was just hoping somebody had already dealt with this in their own lives.

Shouldn't be too difficult to rewire the mic to fit whatever power supplies you have, then.

A tube microphone for sale without a power supply?
Are you getting the multi pin cord?
That makes be wonder if it is a safe purchase.
Does the person have a sale receipt?

A tube microphone for sale without a power supply?
Are you getting the multi pin cord?
That makes be wonder if it is a safe purchase.
Does the person have a sale receipt?
Years ago at a studio tech job for a school, someone stole a neumann 147 mic. They were so smart, they left the psu and multipin cable. Oddly enough there are more mic without psu and psu’s without mic for sale then one would think.

In the case of the warm, it’s a 7 pin xlr.

I've got the 7 pin PSU and cable for my two modded Apex 460-style mics. Neither are badged Apex, but that's the most common version of the mics. I just didn't know if the pinout matches. I have a second PSU that just sits around and that I could modify for a different pinout. I pretty much never use both modded tube mics at the same time, so the second PSU is mostly just chilling in the box.

Not like it's impossible to desolder and resolder a couple wires, in case that's even necessary in the first place.

Latest posts

Back