Pultec PEQ1A: audible clicks

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white noise

Hi,

When I switch between the low frequencies on my Pultec PEQ1A EQ, with the low boost full or almost full, I hear audible clicking sounds when I turn the switch, but when I reduce the amount of low boost, the clicking doesn't seem to be that present (or is not there at all). On the high frequencies I don't notice this problem so much. Is this normal because there is so much low boost added to the sound, or should I never hear any clicking at all, no matter what switch I turn? Has it to do with non-shorting or shorting factor of the switch? Thanks in advance!

All the best, David.

[quote author="CJ"]or 1 meg resistor from wiper to hot...[/quote]

gah.. I'm sure this is so simple but I can't seem to envision it. :? So how would I connect a 1M resistor on for instance a 12 pole bmm switch, like on an EQ? The pole is the wiper...? and hot would be each contact? Is there a schematic I could look at somewhere? I'd really love to be able to use these nice ceramic wafer switches but they are all bmm.

thanks,

Kiira

i think this might work:

1m.jpg

Latest posts

Back