Purple Mc77 meter issue

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frenkonio

Hi guys, hope someone could point me to the right direction on solving this problem.
My Purple MC77 shows this issue (I got other 1176 that doesn't, UA, Hairball, etc.): last week I switched it on, the meter on GR wasn't on zero but far away on the left side. So I used a screwdriver to take it back to 0 but this stays firm only when RELEASE knob is completely ccw. If I begin to move the knob cw the meter goes up to his maximum on the right. From what I remember the meter needs to stay firm when the release knob is moving, if no signal is applied (obviously).
Anyone has an idea on what may cause this? Any help is appreciated

Could look like there's something leaking into the sidechain - maybe look at the 1176 help thread?

I would check the FD333 diodes and the 6u8 capacitors in series with those (ref. to 1176 schematic)

Jakob E.

gyraf said:
Could look like there's something leaking into the sidechain - maybe look at the 1176 help thread?

I would check the FD333 diodes and the 6u8 capacitors in series with those (ref. to 1176 schematic)

Jakob E.
1176 schematics are identical to the
MC77 ones?

Ok, we got a news. After more than 30 minutes the meter stabilized itself. No more drift or strange issues. I have read in the 1176 topic that it could be some flux residue..

Back