Push switch hardware

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthieu68

hello, I can't find a part for one of my projects (it exists I'm sure but I don't know what it's called so impossible to find it on mouser or others) I'm looking for the spacer for Switch push , but not the simple spacer where you can attach several switches, the one that deactivates the other switches if you press another. (I press switch 2 it deactivates 1 for example) do you know what it is called?

thank you so much

yes that seems to me to be that. One of my machines has one for the Switches, I looked at the operation, it is a plate that slides between the Switches to deactivate the others if you activate one. The correct denominations is Latching Interlocking if I understand correctly. I will see if I can find any on mouser (having an order to do anyway) Thank you very much

Good luck with that!
It seems the very few manufacturesr that still make them take only custom order with large MOQ.
You can sometimes find them NOS or second-hand, at a cost though, e.g.
https://www.ebay.fr/itm/263727386408?hash=item3d67608f28:g:DDoAAOSwxllbEATuAML used to have them, but they're not anymore in the catalogue, however he may still have a few
http://www.audiomaintenance.com/acatalog/Push_Switches_-_PCB_Mount_.htmlThese switches are definitely not recommended for new projects. They are commonly replaced with momentary switches with some logic and relays (mechanical or solid-state).

EDIT: I see that Ian has posted a source for some.
If you want to continue, you will need to make a choice:
either make your requirements to fit existing switches, or make existing switches fitting your requirements, which implies some mechanical work.
In jurassic times, ITT used to sell kits that would allow building almost any possible combination.

Last edited:
Just FYI, I am sitting on a massive collection of ITT/Schadow/C&K etc. switch hardware. Multi-gang mounting brackets etc. I also have a NOS pile of the original switches that were used in the Neve 1073 etc (Dialstat, I think...) and mounting hardware for those as well. I will try and post pics at some point, but in the meantime, if you need something, just ask!

Just FYI, I am sitting on a massive collection of ITT/Schadow/C&K etc. switch hardware. Multi-gang mounting brackets etc. I also have a NOS pile of the original switches that were used in the Neve 1073 etc (Dialstat, I think...) and mounting hardware for those as well. I will try and post pics at some point, but in the meantime, if you need something, just ask!
Thanks for letting us know!

Back