• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Group DIY and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Quad Eight 812 8 Band Equalizer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 40373

24232426_10156023497710555_5931444652001772763_n.jpg

For you Quad Eight fans...here's a rare piece! A 70's Quad Eight 8 band equalizer. I have it hooked up and working with a bench power supply, which I can include with the sale (it runs on +/- 28V)

Besides the one missing cap (which Ken @ Orphan Audio is looking to see if he has) it's all complete and working but sold as is. Asking $1500, which is around what I see 712's listed for, but open to offers. Would trade for an Airfield Liminator, AML 54F50 (not ez2254's), Pair of DBX 160VU's, Alan Smart C1, Overstayer Stereo Field Effect, Buzz Audio SOC-20, Neumann KM86, Rickenbacker 12 String, ProAc Studio 100...try me! Trade ideally would be in person in Nashville.

From Ken @ Orphan Audio:
The EQ-812 is a modular, active-reciprocal inductor graphic eq.
Each slider module is a separate self contained bandpass module with AM-4 opamp and LC resonant circuit. It follows the mechanical construction of 1960's passive graphics but with completely active electronics

The rather unusual feature of a rotary selector for number of bands engaged is quite interesting and explains whet each slider has a complete active amp section on-board.

The EQ-812 is electronically most like our much more well known EQ-712 from the late 1960's, which uses just two discrete opamps for its seven bandpass filter sections.

Based on the PCB design and opamp date codes, this one was built in early 1970, is likely a full custom product built to order.

I personally would value your EQ-812 much higher than a typical EQ-712, but as always, value is in the eyes of the beholder....this one is quite rare and was probably one of only three or four of this type ever made.

Tags: Quad 8 712 Electrodyne Sphere

Ah! Thank you for catching my mistake. Shouldn't be listing things for sale while bouncing mixes at the same time :)

Latest posts

Back