Quad Eight AM2B DIY

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tashi

Hi folks, first post here!

I've recently stumbled across the schematics for this compressor and people have only good things to say about the original.  An analogue de-esser sounds cool too.  I find it appealing how simple and efficient the design is and thought it would be a good candidate, not to mention some Quad Eight goodness! Especially as there's some good DOA options around like the garAM10 one could try.
Now I'm not new to this but this is the first time I've tried to replicate a vintage unit, also I've never used the original so obviously it won't be a replica but hopefully in the zone. 
I will definitely need some hand holding with the line input and line drivers. One racked version I've seen has a CA272 to drive it with transformers in and out. But as I understand there are several cards that'd work, does anyone have any schematics or suggestions there?

Love to know what people think, any suggestions or tweaks or if this is a mad idea.

Currently redrawing but here's the original schematics I've cleaned up -

Attachments

• QuadEightAutoMix2B CARD.jpg
    QuadEightAutoMix2B CARD.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122
I’d be interested in what you come up with here.. I’ll look through my Q8 schematics collection, but I don’t know of anything useful I might have in terms of schematics offhand. What specifically are you looking for?

Keep it going here and I’m sure you’ll get some feedback as you run into problems.

Welcome to the forum

BT

Latest posts

Back