Quad Eight CA-127 preamp cards with volume control

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phantombox

Hi guys.
I have two QEE CA-127 cards, custom-mounted in a rack unit with input transformers (from a Soundcraft console, I think), phantom power, mic/lin selector switch, polarity switch, PSU, and power transformer.
I'm having trouble with a volume control I want to add. I do have the schematics. I have not found a place in the schematics where they could work. I tried to put a 10K pot between the negative side of C7 and the output transformer, and ground. But with the pot turned all the way down (shorted to ground) there is still some output. I'm not sure what the value of this pot should be but I think 10K is still too high.
Has anyone done something similar?

Attachments

• QEE CA127 schematics.pdf
    350.5 KB · Views: 31
If you are looking to get 0dB to Max dB, you probably want a pot after the output transformer. See atttached pic. If you are just trying to adjust the gain, I would look at R5/C5 in the feedback path.

Attachments

• 1k pot on output.png
    1k pot on output.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 8
I just did that and now it works fine. No noise, no volume left over when turning pot all the way down, perfect.
Thanks mjrippe

Back