Quad Eight / Sphere?? 8x10 mixer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezer4

Hi all,
Wanted to share this mixer I snagged on Reverb and see if anyone has insight into the brand. The listing said Quad Eight, but the mic input transformers I believe are a type used for Sphere consoles. Full inductor 9 band EQ on each channel.

This is going to require some work for sure, but would be interested if any of it looks familiar.

Thanks!EFE4B926-ED7E-4CC9-AEEE-13BD220FB54C.jpeg66B409E4-532C-4291-8EFE-435B80EBB5B3.jpegADCDC5CB-3BDF-4F03-9A4E-47DDD8995ED3.jpegE66F8B3A-B6EA-487E-A3FC-72502108A162.jpeg3673D613-0C5E-49C7-901C-4DF869178327.jpeg6A7E7327-44C9-4B4E-844B-7F6CACD462B4.jpeg

I like you less and less with each post.

I might like you more if you sent things like this to me.

I hope you drop a bunch of small screws and can't find them after searching for several minutes.

Where do you find all this stuff (other than Reverb).

Look forward to your progress.

But I still don't like you.

:mad:

I like you less and less with each post.

I might like you more if you sent things like this to me.

I hope you drop a bunch of small screws and can't find them after searching for several minutes.

Where do you find all this stuff (other than Reverb).

Look forward to your progress.

But I still don't like you.

:mad:
Hahaha thanks. If it helps... all the screws are rusted and it's been a huge pain trying to get everything out. Also someone epoxied the EQ slide knobs on 🤦

I have a lot of alerts set for Reverb and eBay. I also try to keep an eye on local auctions/estate sales in and around Chicago. It helps that my day job keeps me on my computer 40 hours a week... spend my time in-between meetings sleuthing away trying to find gear.

Well, knowing that the screws are rusted makes me feel much better!

That thing does look great. Does it have any summing circuitry? That might be a good candidate for some of GAR's AM10's.

Some of Jeff's (CAPI) summing boards might make it much easier.

Definitely keep us posted on your progress.

I would wish you good luck, but.....

Excuse me. There was a mistake.
I'm looking for a schematic of a Quad Eight Virtuoso 3-band EQ...
I am not familiar with the Virtuoso, looks like it was an '80s console. Was that before or after Mitsubishi took over the brand? Either way, Ken at www.orphanaudio.com is the man to ask!

(sorry for the OT, James!)

Back