Quadrant Fader

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Of course, a resin/UV printer has other advantages, as being able to create transparent parts, but usually the size is rather limited, compared to the classic 3D printers."

Well that's prescient ! After months of waiting my Elegoo Saturn* has literally just arrived at the door :)

*UV resin printer
Well, with 190x120x200 buils size, you shouldn't have any problems.

Abbey, I think there was just a communication issue there.
Wall is also wanting to work on a 3D video presentation (that's his area of expertise) which shows Abbey Road Studios as it was in the early '60's. He wants/needs decent models or dimensions of the different parts of the desk and equipment etc. for that. I gave him the desk dimensions in another thread to help him out.
I expect that's what he meant when talking about the fader 3D models.
Well, it was confusing enough to make me wonder, particularly in view of my despise of video games... (can't find the "sorry" emoticon)

Winston is correct in his comment. We were looking at models for Unreal Engine to use in an interactive video. At this time we are taking a long break from GDIY.
Thanks everyone for your help.

The Sound Techniques fader is a copy of our design started
Back in April 2010 , this idea allows a existing
Linear Faders to retrofit to look like a vintage Quadrant
fader This concept remains our intellectual property.
As Ian has already stated there is no Painton Ltd
They have trade mark the Name Painton the in the U.S
This is a Quadrant fader so you can call it anything you like

Both myself self and colleague Bill Todd are fed up with this B.S,
so we have decided put our design in the public domain.
Any one can produce and modify the parts free of charge.
These 3d CAD files will be the same Files we used to produce the fader sample that we sent to Sound Techniques back in 2017, when we wrongly thought that we had gentleman’s agreement to purchase our design.

I am not sure which is the best platform / license to use to make theses files
available to online.

Any advice from members would be appreciated .

Regards

Jim Dowler
View attachment 80608
Audio Digital Technology
I know this is an old thread, my apologies in my late reply, but this is truly one of my white whales.

I have scoured the internet for an STL etc. to print something exactly like this set up. My dream is to build a mini REDD.51 desk and retrofitting existing faders is ideal. I have an FDM and a 3D resin printer and lots of experience cleaning up parts so this is no problem. Are these files available?

I know this is an old thread, my apologies in my late reply, but this is truly one of my white whales.

I have scoured the internet for an STL etc. to print something exactly like this set up. My dream is to build a mini REDD.51 desk and retrofitting existing faders is ideal. I have an FDM and a 3D resin printer and lots of experience cleaning up parts so this is no problem. Are these files available?
I think Jim (crosstalk) did make the files available. I suggest you PM him.

Cheers

Ian

I think Jim (crosstalk) did make the files available. I suggest you PM him.

Cheers

Ian
Thank you for the help Ian!

I've been unable to locate the PM feature, but realize I've done more lurking than actual commenting here, so I don't have the ability yet. Ah, the journey of the quadrant fader continues.

Back