Quick Hairball 1176 parts question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thp

Hi everybody!

I'm finally going to build a 1176:)
I've been working my way up to this.  First I built a few guitar pedals then some seventh circle audio mic pres, then a mutable instruments synth (awesome), now I'm ready for compression:)

I was looking over the instructions and it was talking about the needed wire and I see that it is not included in the Mouser Cart.
When I put "22AWG stranded hook-up wire" in Mouser search engine nothing came up, does somebody have a Mouser link to the appropriate product?

Also, this 22AWG wire is the one that I should get 3 colors of?

Could somebody also give me a link for the appropriate heat shrink tubing?

Lastly, is there anything else needed that is not included in on the BOM?

Thanks!

thp said:
Hi everybody!

I'm finally going to build a 1176:)
I've been working my way up to this.  First I built a few guitar pedals then some seventh circle audio mic pres, then a mutable instruments synth (awesome), now I'm ready for compression:)

I was looking over the instructions and it was talking about the needed wire and I see that it is not included in the Mouser Cart.
When I put "22AWG stranded hook-up wire" in Mouser search engine nothing came up, does somebody have a Mouser link to the appropriate product?

Also, this 22AWG wire is the one that I should get 3 colors of?

Could somebody also give me a link for the appropriate heat shrink tubing?

Lastly, is there anything else needed that is not included in on the BOM?

Thanks!

For wire check out http://apexjr.com/wire.html.  He's a member here and has way better pricing than mouser.  He also has heat shrink tubing kits. 22AWG stranded and get at least 3 colors if not 5 or 6.  Check the MNATS wiring guide.  You could get the colors to match the schematic.

Hey THP,
Welcome here...

I don't know where you are in the world, but don't be afraid to "recycle".... I use cable and hook up wire from whiteggods junkyard near my place which basically costs me nothing.

Sometimes a big box of heat sink, cable, screws and other hardware recycled from other gear can be a godsend......and saves waiting for the postman  ;D

Mac

Echo North - I'll give him a shout

mac - I'm in the states and I understand exactly what you're saying.  After building a few kits every time I run across a screw or a wire I save it.
I have this broken lamp that I was going to throw out but when I opened it up it had a big transformer in it:)
It's not good if you're trying to keep an orderly house!

Thanks guys!

Latest posts

Back