R.I.P. Slipperman AKA Rumblefish AKA Tim Gilles

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iomegaman

GDIY Supporter
Slipperman has shuffled off his mortal coil...he had one of the first fully automated 9098i's in New Jersey...Big Blue Meanie Studio...moved down under several years ago with his wife, sold the studio (gave most of it to his fellow engineers) following some health issues...I know nothing else except his passing.

He was an invaluable asset of humor, wit and wisdom re: analog tape and Neve consoles...

Gearslutspace thread.

Slipperman has shuffled off his mortal coil...he had one of the first fully automated 9098i's in New Jersey...Big Blue Meanie Studio...moved down under several years ago with his wife, sold the studio (gave most of it to his fellow engineers) following some health issues...I know nothing else except his passing.

He was an invaluable asset of humor, wit and wisdom re: analog tape and Neve consoles...

Gearslutspace thread.
He's from my hometown and I've known him since 1982. Did lighting for one of his bands in the 80s. Helped build Big Blue with him and his wife, and Partners Joe and Tom, in 1999 or so in the old Quantum Recording building at 512 Patterson Plank in Jersey City.

He was family. The shit we did on the road in the 80s back in the day was unbelievable. To this day I'm surprised no one got hurt! I got stories. He will be missed.

That 56 frame 9098i wasn't ONE of the first 9098i's installed, it WAS the first. Prior to that install all other 9098s were splits. We had an Amek Mozart RN in the B room, and an Amek Big in the C room. This would all change in later years.

That 9098i is for sale if you want it:

https://soniccircus.com/product/amek-9098i-console-u/

RIP.

Last edited:
R.I.p. I only knew him from a screen but still sucks to hear we lost another good one. In my age I am losing more people then gaining them but that is life. as I say farewell until we meet again

Latest posts

Back