Racking Neve B205 EQ card

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gertius

Hi all,
I recently got some Neve B205 cards delivered from Russia and would like to rack them:
http://www.avdaudio.com/catalog.htm?id=1470

I also have the 1073 schematic from here:
https://www.technicalaudio.com/neve/neve_pdf/1073-fullpak.pdf

Unfortunately I find it hard to read the schematic and understand how the B205 is integrated.

Here is hoping that one of you can help me with my following questions:
- which pins are Input/Output of the B205? I see 4 traces going to the main "bus" (M,H,F,K)
- Is this a completely passive EQ circuit, or would I need some sort of Opamp after the card? 
- I am only interested in the LF section. If I want to omit the HF part, can I omit some parts in the surrounding, or on the B205 cards themselves?
- What is RV2 for? Some sort of calibration?
- do I need other parts except the immediate surrounding parts from the schematic?

Thanks and best,
Christian

Hi,

Hope I can help a little bit.

-Pin F on the B205 should your input, Pin H the Output
-in the 1073 Module there is a discrete amp in series. It lives on the B184 board
-think that would be possible, but why would you do that?
-RV2 is the front panel mount potentiometer for boost and cut of the preselected low frequency with S3
-well you definitely need the switch and pot, an op amp like on the B184 board and a power supply for the amp

Hope this helps a little

It looks like some capacitors and a few resistors on a plug in card and nothing more.
the signal buffering/gain make up comes from the cards with transistors.

not an ideal starting point for a functional N∂V∂-like project but an opportunity to learn;

yes you will likely need some active components

Hi guys,
thanks a lot for your replies!
Ah I guess the project would be a bit more complicated than I initially thought.
Don't really know if I'm up for it.
Anyway, thanks!

Latest posts

Back