rainton's P2P LA2A chassis "original style" discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sr1200 said:
any idea of a tentative ship date?

Frontpanels are at the silkscreener's and back chassis are being anodized at the moment.
Hinges are done.

It all takes much longer than expected but we're getting there :)

xaxxon said:
What are you guys using for the 'insulated solder terminal'?

I searched Mouser and DigiKey and can't find what I'm looking for.

Anybody know where to get the blue single post style solder terminal that Gambaholic used?

It looks like there are maybe 5 of them in this picture, but I think the most visible one is between the terminal strips at the top of the picture.

Attachments

• la2a_16.jpg
    la2a_16.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 57
choose yourself

https://www.mouser.de/Search/Refine.aspx?FS=TRUE&N=254102+4289874370+4294432705+4294734980+4292906361

sr1200 said:
Any update on shipping, I'm anxious to get this thing started!  ;D ;D ;D

Sorry for the lack of updates!
I just wrote you an email - kits & all parts finally arrived and are prepared for shipping now...

hooray!!!
Martin

According to the epaper it seems like at the V1, V2, V3 tube sockets have a center sodder pin. The ones I ordered from the BOM do not. So, for example, on V1 R14 and R12 seem to connect to a center pin. I do not have a center pin. Am I missing something. Is there a better place to post this question?

forgotteng said:
According to the epaper it seems like at the V1, V2, V3 tube sockets have a center sodder pin. The ones I ordered from the BOM do not. So, for example, on V1 R14 and R12 seem to connect to a center pin. I do not have a center pin. Am I missing something. Is there a better place to post this question?

sorry about that - obviously they changed the model of socket for the item number. But there's an easy fix :)
All you need is an M3x8 screw with nut (or 4-40) and solder lug:

rpmsvd4syawdly66g.jpg

sr1200 said:
neither of my LA2A's have anything soldered on those pins... are they needed?

Well, they are used as floating/isolated turrets to connect components.
As long as you found another way to connect these components it’s not essential to use these pins.

I ended up splurging and trying  a Mundorf Mcap EVO Silver Gold Oil Capacitor for C5. The question I have is the spec'd C5 has a dedicated polarity but it doesn't look like the Mundorf has a specific polarity. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Mundorf.jpg
    Mundorf.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 19
forgotteng said:
I ended up splurging and trying  a Mundorf Mcap EVO Silver Gold Oil Capacitor for C5. The question I have is the spec'd C5 has a dedicated polarity but it doesn't look like the Mundorf has a specific polarity. Am I missing something?

C5 in the BOM is 0.1uF (100nF) and the cap in your picture is 10uF.

The BOM also says it's axial but makes not mention of it being electrolytic/having polarity. Other layouts I've seen for P2P builds have C5 as being film/non-polarity.

Thanks!

Paul

Potato Cakes said:
C5 in the BOM is 0.1uF (100nF) and the cap in your picture is 10uF.

The BOM also says it's axial but makes not mention of it being electrolytic/having polarity. Other layouts I've seen for P2P builds have C5 as being film/non-polarity.

Thanks!

Paul

My BOM says 10uf 450V can I get confirmation on this?

Latest posts

Back