rainton's True To The Original PULTEC EQP1-A chassis kit discussion thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there is still mistakes about the turrets

on the layout we can see
4X1P
2X2P
1X3P

in the bom there is only 1X2P and the 3P is not mentioned
https://www.mouser.fr/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=809virtualkey53400000virtualkey534-809

core13 said:
there is still mistakes about the turrets

on the layout we can see
4X1P
2X2P
1X3P

in the bom there is only 1X2P and the 3P is not mentioned
https://www.mouser.fr/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=809virtualkey53400000virtualkey534-809

Thanks a lot!!
Fixed

0.25uf amp caps are marked 500v, but what is the max current here ? Is it possible to use 200v caps there ?
Thank you

No, you need 400V,  the peak voltage across this cap will be over 350V

hugo said:
0.25uf amp caps are marked 500v, but what is the max current here ? Is it possible to use 200v caps there ?
Thank you

Yes thank you...i just asked because on the la-2a the output capacitor is 450v and can be replaced by 250v... Thank you very much !

is it ok to use 0,22uf instead of 0,25?
what did you use please?

the 0,33 across the can capacitor need to be polypro or electrolytic?

what did you use for
-270 pf interstage
-20 pf plate
-3,3nf output

thank you

core13 said:
is it ok to use 0,22uf instead of 0,25?
what did you use please?

the 0,33 across the can capacitor need to be polypro or electrolytic?

what did you use for
-270 pf interstage
-20 pf plate
-3,3nf output

thank you

270pf and 20pf i used mica  3.3nf i used clarity cap polypro...fits well.

Hey,
Maybe someone can help me here. Im wondering if i could get away with a 1x12 for the high end selection.... Could i connect the one wafer rotary directly to the caps and those directly to the inductor taps or am i missing something? Cheers

Hi all, regarding filter caps, is there a best orientation for polarized caps ? Which wires do you recommend...i plan to go with awg ptfe silver plated ? any advice ?
Thank you

salomonander said:
hi,
i cant see moltenows picture. thanks though and i take that as a "yes"?

I don't think so ! How do you manage the connected positions ?
Have a look at Vintage Wirings Wiring guide. 
Deck one, Pos 1 (3k) is connected to 18n. Deck One, Pos 2 (4K)is also connected to 18n. But you use 2 different windings of the filter in this example. When you solder them directly, you connect also the 3 and 4k winding, so you will have the same connection on Pos 1 and 2, if I'm thinking correct.

My URSS nos switches are really really hard to turn, which switchs were used on original units ? I have to tight so much, some paint has been removed by the switch washers...

kosi said:
I don't think so ! How do you manage the connected positions ?
Have a look at Vintage Wirings Wiring guide. 
Deck one, Pos 1 (3k) is connected to 18n. Deck One, Pos 2 (4K)is also connected to 18n. But you use 2 different windings of the filter in this example. When you solder them directly, you connect also the 3 and 4k winding, so you will have the same connection on Pos 1 and 2, if I'm thinking correct.

hey Kosi,
thanks. you are right. but i guess i could simply use two 18nf and two 8,2nf caps... that would still be lots cheaper than using a double 1x12 switch. plus the cable lenght would be diminished by half. please correct me if im wrong :)

hugo said:
My URSS nos switches are really really hard to turn, which switchs were used on original units ? I have to tight so much, some paint has been removed by the switch washers...

all those URSS switches are rubbish. i had to learn the hard way. ordered 6 different types for a neve build and all were like yours. they are just poorly designed. i assume the original used something like mallorys or centralab. i dont know for sure though. and i do not know if they feel any better. im using elmas on my build.

that's good thinking !

salomonander said:
hey Kosi,
thanks. you are right. but i guess i could simply use two 18nf and two 8,2nf caps... that would still be lots cheaper than using a double 1x12 switch. plus the cable lenght would be diminished by half. please correct me if im wrong :)

I took a screwdriver and bowed the "double metal spring" back pretty drastic, and now, most of them behave "good".
But I'm also not superhappy about the action. But on the other hand: it works and I don't want to spend any more time and money.

hugo said:

kosi said:
I took a screwdriver and bowed the "double metal spring" back pretty drastic, and now, most of them behave "good".
But I'm also not superhappy about the action. But on the other hand: it works and I don't want to spend any more time and money.

ill try that on my neve switches. good thinking on your side :) brute force!

Here they are, btw. first studio test drive  ;D
Finished the second one yesterday and they behave very nice. The sound is absolutely fantastic !

Biggest thing at the moment: The right one is 2db lower than the first one

Will play with tubes

Latest posts

Back