RCA BC-2B preamp attenuation

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrtnasty

Hi, can I add a potentiometer to this circuit as a volume control, or do I need a 600 ohm attenuator at the end? Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 12.37.01 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 12.37.01 PM.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 1
Since it has the feedback path with r3/c2, you don't want to use r4 as a pot for a level control, unless you remove the feedback, which would change the character of the preamp. So you could do a input pad /output pad

No volume pots, just pad switches and rotary negative feedback control
Oh I thought those switches were for the negative feedback and rotary control was for the pad. Where are the pad switches attached to the circuit? I couldn't see from the above threads. Thanks.

10 db u pad (with R1=510 Ohms, R2=470 Ohms, R3=510 Ohms) on input? Then vary the feedback resistor a bit with a pot (or different resistor values built into a rotary switch) a bit above and a bit below the stock value, and the reason is that the response stays pretty flat when this resistor is varied not too much? With the two mods you have a wide array of possible attenuation without significantly affecting the circuit?

Latest posts

Back