Re-jigged mnats 1176 rev d board, a few questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tondon

I've been gathering parts to build one of mnats 1176 units and was going to etch the board myself but after a half dozen failed attempts I figured I'd cut my losses and get the boards made properly. I know I can buy the official boards but I thought it would be a good chance to learn about the circuit and laying out a board in general, plus it's about half the price.
So I copied mnats schematic into Eagle and closely referenced his layout when doing the board. I decided as I was making a dual unit I didn't need the power supply part so I cut it out but everything else is almost the same, I changed a few footprints to suit the parts I already have.

One of my questions is about the orientation of the 2n3707 footprints. On mnats they face one way and on mine they are the opposite, even though their respective traces are the same and I created my own part library in Eagle with reference to the datasheet, so I'm pretty sure the pins are correct. See below.
Other than that I wasn't sure if I got rid of the power supply correctly and if the positive and negative power rails are right.

Also, I'm not going to be selling these boards so I figured it was ok to do this.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 31
tondon said:
I decided as I was making a dual unit I didn't need the power supply part so I cut it out but everything else is almost the same...
Are you sure that a single power supply is capable to power both channels?
One of my questions is about the orientation of the 2n3707 footprints. On mnats they face one way and on mine they are the opposite...
It doesn't look correct to me.
Also, some trimmers are not correctly wired, IMO.

There is a dedicated thread for 1176 rev D compressor Q&A, so please ask your questions about 1176  there in the future.
http://groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=20058.5240

Are you sure that a single power supply is capable to power both channels?

Yes, mnats has design for a board that can power a stereo unit on his website.

It doesn't look correct to me.
Also, some trimmers are not correctly wired, IMO.

In what way do you think the trimmers are wired wrong? It might be because they have a different pin out to the ones on mnats board, they are wired the same as in his schematic. I'll cross-post to the proper thread.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.37.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-07-07 at 8.37.16 PM.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 11
Ok, I've figured out the backwards transisitors. The footprint I was using in Eagle had the pins swapped.

Latest posts

Back