real or not this short story will entertain.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Said to be real argued to be fake, I honestly do not know. However it did make me laugh a little.

AN ACTUAL CRAIG'S LIST PERSONALS AD

To the Guy Who Tried to Mug Me in Downtown Savannah night before last.
Date: 2011-11-27, 1:43 am. E.S.T.
I was the guy wearing the black Burberry jacket that you demanded that I hand over, shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend, threatening our lives. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I can only
hope that you somehow com
e across this rather important message.

First , I'd like to apologize for your embarrassment; I didn't expect you to actually crap in your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.. The evening was not that cold, and I was wearing the jacket for a reason.. my girlfriend was happy that I just returned safely from my 2nd tour as a Combat Marine in Afghanistan .. She had just bought me that Kimber Custom Model 1911 .45 ACP pistol for my birthday, and we had picked up a shoulder holster for it that very evening.

Obviously you agree that it is a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head ... isn't it?! I know it probably wasn't fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with crap in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse walking bare-footed since I made you leave your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. [That prevented you from calling or running to your buddies to come help mug us again].

After I called your mother or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, I explained the entire episode of what you'd done. Then I went and filled up my gas tank as well as those of four other people in the gas station, -- on your credit card. The guy with the big motor home took 153 gallons and was extremely grateful!

I gave your shoes to a homeless guy outside Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all the cash in your wallet. [That made his day!]
I then threw your wallet into the big pink " pimp mobile" that was parked at the curb ..... after I broke the windshield and side window and keyed the entire driver's side of the car.

Earlier, I managed to get in two threatening phone calls to the DA's office and one to the FBI, while mentioning President Obama as my possible target. The FBI guy seemed really intense and we had a nice long chat (I guess while he traced your number etc.)

In a way, perhaps I should apologize for not killing you ... but I feel this type of retribution is a far more appropriate punishment for your threatened crime. I wish you well as you try to sort through some of these rather immediate pressing issues, and can only hope that you have the opportunity to reflect upon, and perhaps reconsider, the career path you've chosen to pursue in life..

Remember, next time you might not be so lucky. Have a good day!
Thoughtfully yours, Semper Fi,

A funny soft story. I don''t think one would be as stupid as that.

Some years back a similar thing happened in the city center, here in Glasgow. The whole thing was captured on a security camera.

The video showed that a guy was withdrawing cash from the machine obviously for his night out. This hoody comes up behind and pulls a knife out on him. The guy being threatened manages to get the knife off his hand, pulls him down and kicks the sh*t out of him. 

But the twist was that he was charged with assault and found guilty, as even though the other guy pulled a knife on him there was no physical contact. He was done for using excesive force.

Yet in Istanbul (my native home town), Turkey a guy shot a burglar dead who also pulled out a knife. But because it was inside his house the court decided as self defence and he walked away free.

So, let's be careful here with all that White Market riot stuff. We are all guests and don't want to piss the host off.

sahib said:
So, let's be careful here with all that White Market riot stuff. We are all guests and don't want to piss the host off.

;D

Nice one Cemal.

And I agree with the point you make with the humour.  ;)

Yeah, the UK is totally backwards there.  You are charged with assault if you use a shotgun to protect your home from a fourth robbery.  The law treats the thugs as the victims.

That CL story is a total farce been around the emailsphere for some time.  If you want reality do some "armed citizen" searches.  Some brave old geezers protect themselves from robbery violence by drawing deadly force.  Real stories, real dead skells.  So many battered women as well empowering and protecting themselves while they waited for the law to enforce a piece of paper.

If the Marine story were true, he WOULD have been charged with robbery, credit card fraud, and possible assault because of what he did with the card.
Mike

Great stuff Stewart.

Mike,

You are correct. Although when it comes to guns I have a totally different view than what you have in the US, the law in the UK and in Europe can be quite an ass.

Again a few years back down in England a farmer guy was completely fed up with his house getting burgled. Nn that particular occassion he shot two of them. I think one was dead and the other injured. He was obviously jailed. But the interesting thing was the one who was injured sued him in civil courts for loss of earnings even though the bastard had never worked in his life and was unskilled, other than burgling.

living sounds said:
I'm just glad civilians are not allowed to carry guns around with them over here...

Yeah!  I am in total agreement.

Mike

PS: Sahib, I think that in that case you mention the farmer and his wife were detained separately for over two days which was longer than the non-injured punks.  Never enough time to find the links. . .

I believe you are thinking of Tony Martin, who become quite a celebrity...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

They clarified the law a little here last year, and I think now it is legal to kill an intruder in your home  - so long as you are a signed up member of the conservative party  ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13957587

Always been a Labour and will always be a Labour. But if it will get me into Wikipedia then I'll certainly consider Tory.  :eek:

I must say I agree with Clark. I don't think a normal person will set out to kill anybody but things change when one is under threat.

1) Only in USA
2) A gun lovers wet dream

Most Europeans will have trouble comprehending the message. For example I was only counting the amount of felony the gun-dreamer-person would have committed with his vendetta.

Kingston said:
1) Only in USA
2) A gun lovers wet dream

Most Europeans will have trouble comprehending the message. For example I was only counting the amount of felony the gun-dreamer-person would have committed with his vendetta.

Love it or leave it...  ???

The whole bringing a knife to a gun fight is a classic, well used, joke punch line, while I suspect it happens in real life pretty rarely. I only had a knife pulled on me once (in an alley behind my apartment building in Boston decades ago), and never had a gun pulled on me.

I have known people who packed heat, not to be a cowboy but because they had received death threats and it seemed prudent. Some of the guards at my old day job were armed.  In an amusing anecdote, one dumb ass security guard accidentally shot a hole in a mop bucket while he was showing off his gun. He didn't get to keep that job. The head of security wan an ex-state trooper and pretty solid. I had him take me out to the company pistol range when I wanted to sight in a new piece...

I expected ballistic projectile weapons to be obsolete by now. Taser technology is part way there but the wires are limiting.

It is wishful thinking to expect all people to be as reasonable and well behaved as we are. 

For another cliche, if you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.  I am reminded of that old movie "Demolition Man" where a bad guy time travels into the future, breaks into a museum and steals some weapons, and has a good time running roughshod over the police who are more politically correct than effective. 

While that is only one possible future (where all restaurants are Taco Bell).

JR

If it is true, yea its totally messed up that the mugger tried to mug these people and probably got what he deserved, but Seems like that guy was a little extreme. He could've just detained the individual and called the cops. Let them do their job. But that wouldn't as been as a good story i guess.

abechap024 said:
If it is true, yea its totally messed up that the mugger tried to mug these people and probably got what he deserved, but Seems like that guy was a little extreme. He could've just detained the individual and called the cops. Let them do their job. But that wouldn't as been as a good story i guess.

Good fiction, bad reality.... Like I said a very old joke, IMO probably fiction.

There is a funny TV commercial where some girl is saying "it must be true I saw it on the internet". When asked where she heard that rule, she answers "on the internet".  ;D

I get phishing emails every day, and they keep getting better at spoofing real companies copying actual logos and art. One thing I like about the mac is that you can mouse over the email link and see the real internet address for that link...

trust but verify...  even me.

JR

Latest posts

Back