ReampBox using LL1540

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikaeel

Here are the results and schematic of my LL1540 ReampBox build (specially made for ultra high output pickups). I decided to invest in a better transformer, instead of buying expensive ReampBoxes that are sold on the market.
Schematics:

1720196708826.png

I had a cheap Chinese case of a very crappy DI box, and drew the pcb to fit in it.

1720197119280.jpeg

A lot of stitching vias might look overkill, but they are not drilled by hands at factory anyway.

So here are the results:

1720197372655.png
Frequency response is around +- 0.2db

Distortion.png
THD 0.071% (about -86.5dbFs at a signal level of -6.6dbFs)
50HZ ripple is at a level of -101.6dbFs.

I have not yet tested this box with the amp (I will do so later), and my meter (Scarlett 2i2 gen1) is not calibrated with REW, but compared to other boxes I have used previoisly, this one looks pretty impressive! (or maybe at least is a ultimate reamp box!)
Maybe it will help others to achieve a clearer and more transparent reamping experience.
Cheers!

P.S. Here's how assembled device looks like:
1720198611653.jpeg

1720198652516.jpeg

The only trick would be not wiring the secondary as antiphase.
Hmm, but this will reduce the cancellation of EMI. Or do you mean to get more output? I decided to follow Lundahl's datasheet, the transformer can handle huge amout of input level without distorting it too much. For example Radial's box adds tons of harmonic distortion when input signal is too hot

Back