Reamping

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogears

Most reamping applications seem to use a transformer. If you wanted to take line to guitar level / high impedance out without using a transformer would it be as simple as, say, a differential amplifier with a high value series resistor on the output?

Partly depends on whether you are happy with defining the output impedance purely with a resistance as opposed to the complex reactive nature of a high Z guitar pickup. You can always put an inductor in there as well of course.

Interesting, good point. I suppose something like a series 1H and 5k-ish resistor and a 120pF-ish shunt cap may be a place to start.

Interesting, good point. I suppose something like a series 1H and 5k-ish resistor and a 120pF-ish shunt cap may be a place to start.

Maybe use an actual guitar pickup in series ?
Might be interesting ? Or make no difference...depending on your guitar amplifier input characteristics.
I'm not convinced myself given that if you normally have a eg an Overdrive pedal between guitar and amp then you've lost the Hi-Z output there. Although I note that fx pedals often have an output Z that is on the high side for audio eg 1K0.
But I mainly play bass so what do I know :unsure:

Back