Replacement for Focusrite power switch

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diamondj421

I recently purchased a Saffire Pro 40 in awesome condition for $150. When I went to plug it in though, I realized that one of the ADAT ports had the little door part missing. I hit up Focusrite and they sent me a pair for free so I replaced them and went ahead with reconnecting.

I was having some trouble getting it to sync with my Apollo so I unplugged it, set it up behind my desk, hit the power switch anddddd nothing. Wouldn’t turn on. I wrote to Focusrite again and their tech is thinking it’s the power supply which I was worried about. Since I reallllly don’t want to drop $50+ on parts for something I just bought. I started tinkering and it feels like the power switch isn’t clicking into place. I took it out and did a continuity test. Connected my DMM to the top left and bottom left terminals of the switch (where two blue wires had been connected) turned it on and BEEEEEEEP. Did the same for the top right and bottom right (two brown wires had been connected) but no dice.

After I thought about it some more, does that even prove that the power switch is bad? I’ve never worked with a switch that had 4 terminals before. I went ahead anyway and started looking on Mouser for a replacement but can’t find the exact part and when I search with the details that I have, I can’t find anything. Do the specs have to be identical to those printed on the side of the switch? I’ll attach a picture. Sorry for the long winded novel.

Attachments

• B7CF232D-21F2-4ACC-92B7-25B85630EE67.jpeg
    B7CF232D-21F2-4ACC-92B7-25B85630EE67.jpeg
    267.7 KB · Views: 5
Yes it does prove the switch is bad. But you only need to switch the active pole. So put the brown wires on the good half, and join the blue ones together.

https://www.mouser.fi/ProductDetail/E-Switch/R1973BBLKREDFF0?qs=4EnmSMTL3HMSPnS49kJ%2FyQ%3D%3D

https://www.mouser.fi/ProductDetail/Apem/MR210C5NBB?qs=HrqAcaC9xK7UoPtNQnfvwg%3D%3D

... Although, unless you've got other stuff to order from Mouser (in order to justify the shipping costs), you'll probably end up cheaper by contacting Focusrite's spares department. As you've already noticed, their service is nothing short of stellar.

Latest posts

Back