REW for Speaker Cab RTA?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsburden

I'm on the REW webite and I have already done a search.

Without getting into to too much detail - I have a USB Mic and I need to do some on-axis and off-axis RTA of a speaker cab.
Can this be done with REW?

I will continue to look through the REW website but would appreciate if somebody can confirm.
If more info is required I can provide.

Thanks.
Lucas

My advice ,download it and get stuck in , what your looking for is there ,its what the program is designed for after all .
Idealy you get a measurement mic with a 'cal file'  so an inverse eq can be applied to flatten things , but even without that you can still get fairly good results within the audio band after calibration of  your interface/mic within REW itself .

Your installed USB mic should appear as an input option in REW.

lsburden said:
I'm on the REW webite and I have already done a search.

Without getting into to too much detail - I have a USB Mic and I need to do some on-axis and off-axis RTA of a speaker cab.
Can this be done with REW?

I will continue to look through the REW website but would appreciate if somebody can confirm.
If more info is required I can provide.

Thanks.
Lucas
There is no doubt REW is capable of doing RTA, but is your mic capable? Most USB mics are cardioids, which make them particularly unfit for directivity measurements. What are you trying to evaluate?

Thank you for the replies. This is not something I am knowledgeable about.

I am using the Omni Mic V2 from Dayton Audio:
https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-omnimic-v2-acoustic-measurement-system--390-792?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIv8Ow-cKF5gIVRdbACh1nvQX0EAAYASAAEgLUv_D_BwE

I am evaluating a on-axis and off-axis speaker response.

I downloaded REW and took some initial measurements over the weekend in my backyard. I positioned the microphone directly in front of the cabinet at a distance of 1 meter for on-axis response and at 30 degrees same distance for of-axis.

Latest posts

Back