RIP George Martin .........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was lucky enough to meet George a couple of times when I was at Neve in the 70s. One time was while I was on the APRS studio engineers course in London. George came along and gave a talk about producing. In the question and answer session afterwards all we could talk about was the Beatles but he politely answered all our questions. At that time I don't think we realised just what a huge contribution he had made to music recording and arrangements. If I could have that time over there is a whole different set of questions I would ask.

RIP George

Ian

Absolute Musical Icon of my generation, and a true Gentleman ......Education for the next generation to learn a lesson from,  ;)
RIP Sir George

Have just watched a program about him on the tele while sorting resistors at the kitchen table.

Another star faded away.

R.I.P.

Truly one of the humble greats. As I sat here and let it sink in. I realized that without ever meeting this man he changed my life forever.

Not just the Beatles, Flanders and Swann, Beyond the Fringe, Peter Sellers, Cilla Black, Jerry and the Pacemakers, Billy J. Kramer and the Dakotas, America, Jeff Beck, Ultravox, Shirley Bassey (Goldfinger), Wings(Live and Let Die) and Elton John ...... and that's what I remember.

He truly had his hand in changing the world!

Latest posts

Back