RIP Mike Finnigan

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Roth

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Finnigan
Not a household name, but he was a well known studio player (Hammond B3) and singer who also toured with a variety of groups. He actually spent the night at my house back in the 1980's while touring with the DFK band. They were playing a show in Okla. City, and their FOH man was a long time friend of mine. Mike was super nice, and very tall....played basketball in college. Great singer. There's a bunch of clips of him on Youtube.

Only a few years older than me.

Bri

he played on rainy day dream away written by jimi hendrix. Jimi was at the record plant in NYC recording what was to become the electric ladyland album. Mike happened to be down the hall in another studio room. Jimi heard him and asked to jam. That's all it took. Mike played with a lot of people over the years that were well known in the blues and blues rock stuff. He was smart, kind and pretty humble. The few times I saw him play was at a local club here in L.A. that was fairly small. good times.
He will be missed for sure.

R.I.P.

Back