RIP Robin Williams

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very, very sad. All the more so as he was the same age as me. I cannot imagine being that talented yet that unsure of yourself.

Cheers

Ian

RIP a talented comedian. I remember him for Mork and Mindy.

Yes one of the consequences of living this long is that you get to know more dead people. It's kind of morbid to get prompted to wish dead friends happy birthday on social media.

JR

So sad.

Many comedians are mean, Robin Williams on the other hand managed to always be incredibly funny while radiating benevolence.  I can't think of many actors I liked and respected this much. Rest in peace.

I think it's interesting to see how many comedians suffer from depression.

A simple google on Comedian Depression, pulls up page after page of results.

RW always struck me as being kinda manic when he was doing standup. I always thought it was the drugs, but it's quite apparent that it could have been manic depression -- huge highs and incredible lows :(

Yeah Sad news.

Yesterday i was watching one of his movies "The Angriest man in Brooklyn", weird...

I think you can easily be bipolar beeing an actor, i mean if you're good at your job
you give 100% of yourself playing, so i think you can easily be caught in the middle and not knowing who you are
really at the end, especially if you act a lot i guess..., can play tricks on your mind after a while + the stress of "feeling" and "beeing" popular etc...

Wasn't it Jack Nicholson that was stuck in craziness a couple of months after playing in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" ??

EDIT: Found this, and it was mainly rumors for Jack Nicholson, but it can easily be true:

http://www.businessinsider.com/actors-who-refuse-to-break-character-2013-2?op=1

Anyway,

RIP

He was so fast.  Watching the various shows he had been a guest on in everyone of them his responses were not only unbelievably witty and clever but god damn incredibly fast. I have been lucky to have had a few friends whose candles glowed as brightly as Robin William's.  It seems the wax won't sustain such a bright flame.
I salute you Mr. Robin Williams. Give em hell in the great void. I'm sure you'll make them laugh.

Latest posts

Back