RIP Tim Boyle

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

Most of you would not know Tim. Tim was an L.A. local, a fixture in the L.A. audio community.  Tim had a major career as the chief scoring mixer at paramount pictures among many other audio exploits. Tim was a world-renowned engineer, mixer and recordist with decades of experience in sound studios working on sessions with such artists as the Rolling Stones, Peter Frampton and Tom Waits. Tim  engineered movie scores for more than 200 films including The Hunt for Red October, Terminator 2 and Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.
Tim died in hospice care early this morning after succumbing to stage 4 liver cancer. He was diagnosed a week ago and deemed terminal.  I have no further details at this time.

Oh noo! I had no idea he was ill. I had the great pleasure to work with Tim on a few projects in the 80's and 90's. He was truly a great mixer. I learned quite a lot just watching him and listening. He and Basil must be having a great laugh up there in the 'big room'.

I'll miss you, Tim.
RIP.

Back