Ruffrecords PCB Emporium -- Sifam PB 01/51/000 Keycaps available

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have finally got customtubeconsoles.com to point to my new google site:

www.customtubeconsoles.com

The new site now contains absolutely everything; under the DIY tab is all the documentation and under the 'Ruffrecords PCB Emporium' tab is the latest stock and price list along with ordering instructions.

Enjoy!

Cheers

Ian

All the original batch of PMEQP1A MK2 PCBs  have gone but a new batch has just arrived. Web site stock list updated.

Cheers

Ian

[quote author=ruffrecords]

It is a small (50mm by 35mm) PCB that holds two 71 series Grayhill switches - either 1 x 12 Way or 2 x 6 Way. The switches are exactly one inch apart. The connections from each switch are brought out to a 16 way header into which you can plug an IDC connector. There is a silk screened line between the two switches. If you are very careful you can cut down this line with a hacksaw to make two separate PCBs.  I had a load made for a group buy a few years back. I will take a picture of one and post it here for you. I also did a group buy for a Lorlin version but they have sold out.

Cheers

Ian
[/quote]

Hi Ian

Are you planning another run on the lorlin pcbs at all? Id definitely snaffle a few. Got some sequencers to build... :)

Many thanks, Ben

Paradigm X said:
Hi Ian

Are you planning another run on the lorlin pcbs at all? Id definitely snaffle a few. Got some sequencers to build... :)

Many thanks, Ben

I was not planning on doing another run of the existing Lorlin board because the two switches are really a little too close together and not easy to separate. It was designed that way to fit into a certain size PCB to keep costs down for the group buy. I have been considering doing an updated version. This would be slightly larger and thus a little more expensive but it would be much easier to separate the two switches - or I might just do a board with a single switch if the numbers are large enough to make it economic. Depends on demand really.

From my normal supplier, 100 boards with room for one switch on will cost me £110 and 100 boards with room for two switches will cost me £133

Cheers

ian

hi

well an updated one would be great, id be looking at at least 10 (duals), probably more, and i bet a lot of the synth crowd would be interested too.

no rush or anything, but it would certainly speed up some backlog.

cheers, Ben

Paradigm X said:
hi

well an updated one would be great, id be looking at at least 10 (duals), probably more, and i bet a lot of the synth crowd would be interested too.

no rush or anything, but it would certainly speed up some backlog.

cheers, Ben

I was not aware the Lorlins are popular with synth builders. Do you have any more details?

Cheers

Ian

Hi

The main project im interested in is this sequencer;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ryktnk/sets/72157604609909924/

electro-music.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27157

It has 16 4 or 8 way switches. The designer originally used the nice slide switches but they've all run out.  i, and probably others want to wire up rotaries, but the wiring is pretty daunting. 

Also, (most) synths use 1v/octave tuning, and precision voltage sources over several octaves are desirable.

Im sure there would be other projects too. I could ask, without obligation, at the main synthdiy site if you like? ( https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=17 )

Cheers Ben

@Ben

Please ask on the synth forum. From the 1V/octave you mentioned  am I right in thinking having resistors on the switch PCB would be a good idea?

Cheers

Ian

Ian

Yes, i would imagine resistor pads would be very useful between the pins.

I will see what interest there may be for them.

Cheers, many thanks
Ben

I only have one HT350 board left so I have decided to retire it. It was originally designed to provide HT for  10 to 20 channels of a mixer. However, it mainly is used by people building tube based passive EQs for which the HT requirements qre much more modest. I will therefore be replacing it with a smaller  cheaper version. I have called it the HT250 and some prototype boards arrived in the post this morning. It is the same basic circuit with four smoothing caps but they are only 25mm in diameter and a nominal value of 220uF. I have also replaced the four large diodes with a low cost DIL bridge and updated the heater elevation voltage circuit. The new board is 50mm by 100mm compared to the HT350 which is 105 mm by 71mm so the new one is about two thirds the size of the HT350 and so should be about two thirds the price. I need to build one and test it but as soon as that is done I will make it available here.

Cheers

Ian

I have just finished building and testing the new HT250 PCB and I am pleased to say it works as advertised. I will update the emporium on my web site the reflect this. I will withdraw the HT350 board and replace it with the new HT250.

The HT250 board is smaller (100mm by 50mm), uses smaller 220uF 400V capacitors, and a low cost small DIL bridge rectifier. I have also upgraded the heater elevation circuit to the current values used in my latest designs. The result of all these changes is the board should be a lot cheaper to build and the PCB price will be £4 which is half that of the HT350.

Documentation can be found under the power folder of the DIY tab of my web site. Picture of the one I built is attached.

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

• HT250built.png
    HT250built.png
    755.1 KB · Views: 61
I have just updated the emporium stock list. All the EuroMixerV3 boards are now gone. They are replaced by the new V6 version. This has all the improvements added to the V2 twin line amp including ground referenced gain setting (so it too can be used for VE mixing), addition of Molex sockets for all signals, improved positioning of components to reduce heating of passive by the tubes and front panel access to the second stage gain trim pot. Price is unchanged.

All the old V1 version of the twin line amp have gone. This is now replaced by the V2 version.

I have also added the four toggles board at £2. This board has two complete circuits for phantom, pad, mic/line and phase switching. You just saw it down the middle to separate them. I will continue to give one of these away free with every purchase of the Classic Solo V2 board until the current patch of the latter runs out.

You will also notice there is only one each of both types of Helios 69 EQ board left and just three of the 3 band Pultec boards. I plan to retire these and replace them with 3U version with built in gain make up amplifiers. The Pultec version is being built and tested now.

Cheers

Ian

Further to the above post, I am still getting orders for the original Helios69 board (I just sold the last one). The replacement 3U version with built in gain make up is some way off yet so I have ordered another batch of the original Helios69 board. THey should be in stock in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Ian

V2 Helios EQ boards now in stock. The V2 version has the input and output pads altered to accommodate Molex 0.1 inch pitch KK type connectors so you don't have to hard wire the board in. Also, the mid boost/cut switch pad layout on the PCB has been altered so it is the same as the layout of the connections on the back of the DPDT toggle. The idea is to make it much easier to wire up correctly.

Cheers

Ian

I finally got around to updating the documentation for the V2 version of the Twin Line Amp. I have expanded it to include a basic circuit description and I have added more details of how to configure it for various applications such as passive EQ gain make up, passive and virtual earth mixing. You will find it in the TwinLineAmp folder of the DIY tab of my web site:

http://www.customtubeconsoles.com/diy

Cheers

Ian

Back