Schematic Review SSL Type Preamp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i dont understand it really but it looks like its becoming a bit high impedance to meet a rather low impedance at the sec opamp...
Didnt think about caps...

Abbey has the final word in my world.

I think R20 is left from the version with -dc introduced att the output of first opamp. But that resistor was in parallell with one of two 220uf, which you have Exchanged with one 100uf cap.
The resistor should be omitted aswell i think...

Another thought was that the dc might have biased the output of the opamp in class a.. . But the resistance to vee is a much too high i guess.

The gain pot seems to be both in parallell with first opamps feedback R and in series with the sec opamps input R. It varies the gain of both stages in the same direction.
With the 100k R, the pot seems to loose its roll.

Abbey has the final word in my world.

I think R20 is left from the version with -dc introduced att the output of first opamp. But that resistor was in parallell with one of two 220uf, which you have Exchanged with one 100uf cap.
The resistor should be omitted aswell i think...

Another thought was that the dc might have biased the output of the opamp in class a.. . But the resistance to vee is a much too high i guess.

The gain pot seems to be both in parallell with first opamps feedback R and in series with the sec opamps input R. It varies the gain of both stages in the same direction.
With the 100k R, the pot seems to loose its roll.
Could certainly jump R20 to test its effect.

So i accidentally ordered way too many boards. When i put the order for 5 of them in i didn't realize that it was 5 PACKS of boards... so this weekend I'm going to try and put a couple of channels together and see if they work. IF they do (not holding my breath after my initial tests) if anyone is interested in trying one out. The only mistake ive found so far is the "cinemag" footprint for the input transformer, the holes are slightly too small (typo on the pad/hole size). the Lundahl footprint is perfect though.

Attachments

• 6D2B0A0E-297C-4CAA-8A95-F7E60CF644B4.jpeg
    6D2B0A0E-297C-4CAA-8A95-F7E60CF644B4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Back