Schematics (request) -- Digidesign/Pro Logic Quad (Four-By-Four (442 Audio Interface (MH031 (4x4))))

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Script

Does anyone happen to have schematics and would be willing to share ? Can't find them on the net.

Audio Interface by:
Avid / Digidesign / Pro Logic Quad
aka
Four-By-Four
(442 Audio Interface (MH031 (4x4))

This is obsolete technology, I'd think, but there are four input and output stages with many opamps, relays, servos and more.

Anyway, instead of scavenging for parts and case (and binning the rest), I had the idea of maybe hacking some parts of the board for use in something else. Schematics would help a lot, as opposed to having to trace everything. All a bit densely populated on four-layer board with thin vias.

Thanks in advance.
/s

Here's a good website, but unfortunately no schematics.
http://longview.be/digidesignpro-lo...ur-by-four-442-audio-interface-mh031-4x4.html

Last edited:
I think Digidesign were quite tight fisted with their schematics and I/P ,you could say its part of the business model were seeing more and more of now ,top of the line companies want to shut the door on the chances of people being able to repair the gear , drivers also tend to become unsupported after a while , its a simple growth equation , obsolesence is built in .
Seaching the archives here and on Gearsultz might throw up something . probably the best hope is if someone has partially back engineered it or a similar product privately , so maybe widen your focus to other models that came from Digi around that time as topologies are likely to be similar .

The EU tried to bring in rules to protect the consumer from this kind of jacknifing , I think its pretty much left up to the individual countries to police it , some do some dont . Here in Ireland we've typically let the big multinationals do as they please .

Yeah, sounds like the 1990s. Hardly anything on their stuff on the nets. Obsolete technology by now : 16bit, 48KHz, and useless without the software that doesn't run on today's computers. Junk for sure. Not interesting for rip-off reverse engineering any more, I'd think.

But 16x5532, a working 15V switching power supply (1990s though), and loads of logical etc ICs for the digital side.

Maybe I just cut out the output driver section and forget about the rest of the PCB.

Latest posts

Back