Schoeps CMC641 hiss problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

I have a Schoeps CMC641 (CMC6 body with MK41 capsule) on my bench with a somewhat audible high frequency hiss.
The microphone works but this hiss is 6-8dB louder than its pair. Usable but not high quality as it should be. Its not the capsule because we swapped and the problem remained. I think it might be one of the caps but since the circuit is very delicate (small smd stuff) i want to be sure before fully dismantling and applying hot air.

Anyone had similar issues that can give me some help?

CMC6 Schoeps details.png

Might want to see which caps filter the capsule bias voltage. My Rode NT2-A's noise issues were caused by one of the big SMD film(!!!) caps that was filtering the bias to the front diaphragm.

I only have the schematic for the vintage CMC5, not these modern CMC6. The main difference appears to be on the power supply side but - if my smd code reading was right - these Zeners for example are not anywhere in the vintage cmc5.

A newer update lol. The hiss is gone and the mic is very quiet again but now the low end is not as good as it was before, very little presence. I will test other brands i have around: EPCOS and Panasonic.

Latest posts

Back