Scully 280B rec/pb power

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

untune

I happened across a pair of rec/pb boards for a Scully 280B—they're untested and I'd like to make sure they're functioning or at least salvagable before deciding what to do with them. Problem is, the only schematic I have isn't very clear (attached) and some of the details are obscured, especially in relation to the edge connector labels on the left. I'm trying to work out what kind of power supply I'll need to test it, I can see +25v and -25v rails in places. Would a regulated, symmetric 24v supply work here? If so, is there anything recommended, and affordable?

Attachments

• Scully_280b_series-50.png
    Scully_280b_series-50.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 18
Would I be right in thinking that one of these would be adequate for +/-25V? With a 24-0-24 transformer?

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 13
Hello untune,
Regarding the Scully 280 boards power supply, I made a few posts on this forum in the past.
If you do a search here it can help you.
Best,
Guy
Guy,

Thanks for that, I must have missed your thread despite searching previously. Mine is the 280B so it's very slightly different, but should be similar enough.

I ordered a LM317/LM337 regulator board to test with but still need to grab a transformer. Will this work, with the 0v on the secondaries tied together to give 25-0-25?

RS PRO 115 V ac, 230 V ac, 2 x 25V ac Toroidal Transformer, 30VA 2 Output | RS Components

Cheers

Latest posts

Back