security camera drama

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnRoberts

Staff member
GDIY Supporter
I have 4 security cameras installed to spot squirrels in my trees stealing my pecans. The cameras have IR night vision, but I have them mounted inside windows facing out so after dark I mainly see the reflection of their IR LEDs bouncing off my window glass.

I have these 4 cameras displayed on an old relatively large monitor. The other evening after dark I spotted what looked like something HUGE in one camera... In fact after closer inspection it turned out to be a relatively large, hairy spider crawling around across the front of the camera lens.

Without perspective it looked more like a science fiction horror movie than just another summer spider.. :unsure:

JR

The local (actually Wichita) TV station I prefer for local news has remote cameras installed on high-ish structures scattered around the state and use them mainly for weather portions of the newscast. It's funny watching the weather guy of gal in front of the green screen and they switch to one of the remote cams that has a "giant" wasp or other critter crawling on the lens.

Bri

I have a trail camera which I initially bought to be used on my meadow orchards to see what´s going on there. After years of stolen tools and beverages in my workshop, though, I decided to use the camera in there for a few weeks. It turned out that one of building superintendents was the thief. Funnily in one of his forays he discovered the camera and got filmed right in the moment he looked into the camera. His facial expression was priceless when he realized what happened.

I have a trail camera which I initially bought to be used on my meadow orchards to see what´s going on there. After years of stolen tools and beverages in my workshop, though, I decided to use the camera in there for a few weeks. It turned out that one of building superintendents was the thief. Funnily in one of his forays he discovered the camera and got filmed right in the moment he looked into the camera. His facial expression was priceless when he realized what happened.
Yikes. Have you confronted him about your discovery yet?

Latest posts

Back