Seeking a PCB wizard

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcfarlane_audio

I am here to ask if anyone can give me a hand converting a file.

Any willing to help shall receive a present or two from my parts bin as a thank you.

The task:
Some fine folk in this forum are looking to revive an EQ design from Barry porter from gerbers he posted online years ago.

ruairioflaherty approached Gustav about making some boards, which is where we get stuck.

The gerbers posted online contain a pair of files for drilling, a *.pho and a *.rep

Gustav needs another type of file file for his drilling machine, from what I can gather online we need a "NC drilling file, sometimes called excellon".

I have no Idea how to get this from the files we have now, If someone knows how to convert the file that wuld be amazing, if theres is a commercial service that I should be looking at please let me know!

Thank you so much!

.pho is a gerber photoplot file (I think an old standard)
.rep is a tool list, which should be view-able in notepad or similar. (this is usually consolidated in the nc drill .drl file now)

Try opening the .pho file with notepad or similar and see if it can show you anything?

You can maybe also try opening the files in gerbv and export an excellon drill file.

I think I can help you. Can you send me the files?  This type of thing what I do for a day job.

Vetsen

Latest posts

Back